career women are hot


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – career women are hot

career women are hot
symph9
Visitor
symph9

Article is more a warning for men who are not up to the challenge of satisfying their career women. Career women have economic independence that allows them the freedom to move about society…in and out of relationships as they see fit. If it’s an unsatisfying husband/marriage, then they are not bound, financially or otherwise, to stay. This is a good thing!

The article is written primarily for men who are not equipped (either physically, intellectually, or emotionally) to keep up with a marriage to a career woman. It’s saying, if you’re a sub-standard dude, beware of marrying a career woman, because she is more likely to call you out on your bullsh&t and divorce you for it, than your average <$30,000 woman earner. This is good too….career women need to marry their equals, not someone who will cower at or be intimiated by their success.

At the end of the day, isn’t this article talking to men who are intimidated by career women? That’s totally valid…those men exist, and perhaps, they need warnings as this article offers. Career women should be grateful because this article may weed out the losers from an otherwise glowing pool of prospects.

Career women shouldn’t fret….there are many more men out there who actually love and invite the challenge of a relationship and marriage to career women – these are the men who will not be phased by this simplistic and moronic article that was solely written for sensationalism….the men we’re after know the true and real deal…career women are hot!

Message Edited by symph9 on 08-24-2006 01:00 PM

08-24-2006 12:58 PM

Re: career women are hot
umitsu
Visitor
umitsu
I like your style, lady.

08-24-2006 01:03 PM

Re: career women are hot
mediaman
Contributor
mediaman
That fine. Just don’t throw children into the mix.

08-24-2006 01:06 PM

Re: career women are hot
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

That fine. Just don’t throw children into the mix.

Why, exactly?

08-24-2006 01:30 PM

Re: career women are hot
mediaman
Contributor
mediaman

IshWishDish wrote:
That fine. Just don’t throw children into the mix.

Why, exactly?

Because divorce sucks for kids.

A fact conviently ignored, but a fact notherless.

08-24-2006 01:35 PM

Re: career women are hot
katiebelle
Contributor
katiebelle
exactly symph9. that is what i thought immdiately. Basically its saying that you shouldnt marry a career woman bc shes actually too smart to put up with your sorry a**. i find it laughable that men agree with this article bc its basically calling them out for being substandard human beings incapable of a challenge and intimidated by a woman who is far smarter then them.

women who stay at home dont divorce as much because

A)she is too absorbed in doing mindless domestic chores to notice that her husband is sleeping with every secretary he has.

B) she cant afford it and has no skills so even if she does realize hes useless she cant divorce him cause she will have nothing (thats why back in the day women DIDNT divorce you numbnuts).

C) she has this rose colored view of her role and how much he actually appreciates it. he will go and find the company of a woman who is better to talk to and not horrendously boring bc all she can talk about is what their kids ate that day and how long it took to clean the bathroom. he may still be married to you, but he doesnt want to talk to you and doesnt find you interesting.

i love the two points that you will be sicker and your house will be dirtier. men arae adults, they have to have someone to tell them when to go to the doctor? sorry. when i get married i want an equal who can take care of himself and doesnt have to be TOLD when to go to a doctor. honestly, if men are that incapable of multitasking well then, you guys have another issue.

your house will be dirtier bc you are a lazy POS who cant share housework. a woman who works should not come home and have to do everything, as someone else said, marriage is ALWAYS about compromise.

i also find it hysterical that men ‘will be unhappy if you make more money then them” that sounds like a personal problem to me. if you are an insecure baby well, that is most certainly not MY problem.

also that working women are more likely to cheat. well men have been doing it for ages while women stayed home clueless. what he is basically saying is that its ok for a guy to do it but dont marry a career woman cause she will do it to you and cheating is only something a guy should do. all this says to me is that humans are not cut out for monogamy as we know it bc no one can seem to keep it in their pants. if a woman runs off with another man or vice versa, their spouse just wasnt cutting it and if you cant handle the truth that you simply are not interesting or fun enough for your spouse to stay with…well the truth hurts doesnt it.

not all stay at home mother are like the awful stereotypes that he makes them out to be. there are many, well informed, intelligent, stay at home feminists. i would have to say that the majority of women who stay at home and who i have heard carry on a conversation are vapid, boring individuals who have absolutely nothing to contribute to a marriage besides the role of prostitute, cleaning woman, and cook. if they do have children well, most of the time they cant talk about anything but their kids, and they have no lives outside of their homes. its sad and pathetic, and women shouldnt have to think that the only way they can please their husband or take care of a home or be “womanly” is to be like that.

08-24-2006 01:38 PM

Re: career women are hot
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

Mediaman, are you under the impression that households with stay-at-home moms don’t divorce?

I agree that divorce sucks for kids. It sucked for me when my parents divorced, although I now firmly support their reasons for doing so. Ultimately it made things much better for all of us, but yes it definitely hurt at the time. The worst parts of it mostly related to the ways my father took advantage of his economic superiority to hurt and control my stay-at-home mom during the custody battle. This is not, by the way, said to illustrate any point like “all men are bad.” Both my parents, being human, did bad things, and both did good things. The extreme power imbalance between them, though, resulted in one of them having the ability to do some pretty awful things to the other one. Twenty-five years later, my mother has a degree and a good job and the strongest twenty year long marriage I’ve ever seen.

08-24-2006 01:47 PM

Re: career women are hot
symph9
Visitor
symph9

sure, divorce sucks for kids, but an unhappy marriage/family situation sucks far harder for kids, than divorce. it’s unfortunate that people bring kids into this world, within a family construct (not necessarily “nuclear” — marriage, partnership, etc.), and not be able to maintain this construct for their children. i believe, however, that most people enter a partnership/bring kids into the mix, with every intent and promise to stay together. people change/lives change, and divorce happens.

in this case, i think it’s far better to allow for change, rather than force bonds that are no longer exist…just for the sake of children. kids will eventually feel the pretention and be affected as badly, if not worse, by unhappy parents, than by a divorce.

08-24-2006 01:49 PM

Re: career women are hot
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

symph9 wrote:

Article is more a warning for men who are not up to the challenge of satisfying their career women. Career women have economic independence that allows them the freedom to move about society…in and out of relationships as they see fit. If it’s an unsatisfying husband/marriage, then they are not bound, financially or otherwise, to stay. This is a good thing!

The article is written primarily for men who are not equipped (either physically, intellectually, or emotionally) to keep up with a marriage to a career woman. It’s saying, if you’re a sub-standard dude, beware of marrying a career woman, because she is more likely to call you out on your bullsh&t and divorce you for it, than your average <$30,000 woman earner. This is good too….career women need to marry their equals, not someone who will cower at or be intimiated by their success.

At the end of the day, isn’t this article talking to men who are intimidated by career women? That’s totally valid…those men exist, and perhaps, they need warnings as this article offers. Career women should be grateful because this article may weed out the losers from an otherwise glowing pool of prospects.

Career women shouldn’t fret….there are many more men out there who actually love and invite the challenge of a relationship and marriage to career women – these are the men who will not be phased by this simplistic and moronic article that was solely written for sensationalism….the men we’re after know the true and real deal…career women are hot!

Message Edited by symph9 on 08-24-2006 01:00 PM

HA! Its amazing how you all continue to inadvertantly prove the article correct.

Hey if you think their so hot, YOU marry them.

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-24-2006 01:49 PM

Re: career women are hot
jlseagull
Contributor
jlseagull
Symph8, you are misguided and wrong.

“If it’s an unsatisfying husband/marriage, then they are not bound, financially or otherwise, to stay. This is a good thing!”

What about when kids are involved? Does her financial independence make it more likely that she will stay for the kids, or less?

“At the end of the day, isn’t this article talking to men who are intimidated by career women?”

No, it means that men who would never beat, malign, or put down in any slightest way their wife or significant other – whether she is a career woman or a housewife – will simply not choose the career woman because she is simply not worth the trouble.

“Career women shouldn’t fret….there are many more men out there who actually love and invite the challenge of a relationship and marriage to career women”

I deal with “challenges” all day at work, and I’m paid well for it. Why would I want a career woman who’s going to give me the same kind of “challenges” when I get home? Why would I do that to myself? Why would any man do that to himself?

If I’m an honest, financially well-off, kind, caring, trusting, loving, never-raise-my-voice, never-raise-a-hand-to-a-woman man who simply would prefer a lifelong mate who doesn’t have a career, does that make me less of a person?

08-24-2006 01:52 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – career women are hot

Re: career women are hot
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

HA! Its amazing how you all continue to inadvertantly prove the article correct.
I think I’ve seen you say this on other threads. How exactly are posters proving the article correct? If, as I suspect, you’re going to respond that they’re proving that feminists are “b****es” or some such, I just have to point out that that was one of the few stupid claims this article did not make or even try to make.

08-24-2006 02:00 PM

Re: career women are hot
katiebelle
Contributor
katiebelle
no, it just makes you a coward. i am wondering if you actually like talking to your wife (does she have anything interesting to say besides ‘dinner is ready’) and i would also be willing to bet you’ve cheated on her a few times with a career woman or two.

08-24-2006 02:02 PM

Re: career women are hot
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

IshWishDish wrote:
HA! Its amazing how you all continue to inadvertantly prove the article correct.

I think I’ve seen you say this on other threads. How exactly are posters proving the article correct? If, as I suspect, you’re going to respond that they’re proving that feminists are “b****es” or some such, I just have to point out that that was one of the few stupid claims this article did not make or even try to make.

This is like watching a puppy get mad and try to fight you after you take away his chew toy.

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-24-2006 02:19 PM

Re: career women are hot
mediaman
Contributor
mediaman

IshWishDish wrote:
Mediaman, are you under the impression that households with stay-at-home moms don’t divorce?

Not at all. My post (see the Statistics post) stated exactly that.

In my case the “at home” wife situation caused a finanical disaster when the tech economy tanked.

My point was the divorce rates are up because the stigma of divorce is gone and the media has painted a false idyllic picture of what women can expect to get.

08-24-2006 03:00 PM

Re: career women are hot
symph9
Visitor
symph9

REBUT — Symph8, you are misguided and wrong.

“If it’s an unsatisfying husband/marriage, then they are not bound, financially or otherwise, to stay. This is a good thing!”

What about when kids are involved? Does her financial independence make it more likely that she will stay for the kids, or less?
>>>I’m saying it shouldn’t matter at all if you have money or not…if you are unhappy within the marriage, end the marriage … either man or woman. Women or men who have money are less likely to stay in an unhappy marriage. I understand that kids are a sensitive issue, but what I’m saying is that, having kids should not be a reason why peole stay in failed marriages. I think, in fact, that it’s more dangerous and toxic for kids to be in an unhappy family structure, than in a divorced structure with two (assumingly happy) parents.

“At the end of the day, isn’t this article talking to men who are intimidated by career women?”

No, it means that men who would never beat, malign, or put down in any slightest way their wife or significant other – whether she is a career woman or a housewife – will simply not choose the career woman because she is simply not worth the trouble.
>>>What trouble does a career woman offer a relationship/marriage…see, this is why this article is enraging for women…it offers that career women are difficult, etc….and does not mention anything about hard-working men…are they too “trouble” because they have careers? If so, what is the similar warning for women who pursue careen men? The answer is that career women aren’t trouble, and careen men aren’t trouble….this is just all about two people finding a common ground…whatever it is they do for a profession and however much they earn.

“Career women shouldn’t fret….there are many more men out there who actually love and invite the challenge of a relationship and marriage to career women”

I deal with “challenges” all day at work, and I’m paid well for it. Why would I want a career woman who’s going to give me the same kind of “challenges” when I get home? Why would I do that to myself? Why would any man do that to himself?

If I’m an honest, financially well-off, kind, caring, trusting, loving, never-raise-my-voice, never-raise-a-hand-to-a-woman man who simply would prefer a lifelong mate who doesn’t have a career, does that make me less of a person?
>>>Again, what “challenges” does a career woman bring to the picture that a “housewife” won’t? And why doesn’t the author ponder what “challenges” coming home to a “housewife” holds? The one-sided-ness of the article is what I am challenging…the singular attack on “career women” … but, I understand that the article was written specifically to incite conversation which was glaring successful…
I can’t wait for part two of his series….”Don’t Mary Career Men”
Part Three: “Don’t Seek a Career-Housewife”
Part Four: “The Pits and Fall of Having a House-Husband”

08-24-2006 03:22 PM

Re: career women are hot
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

My point was the divorce rates are up because the stigma of divorce is gone and the media has painted a false idyllic picture of what women can expect to get.

I was about to agree with you, and then I realized that you meant a false idyllic picture of what women can expect to get in a divorce. I would say women have a false idea of what they can expect to get in a marriage. In any event, I’ve never met a woman who eagerly divorced with visions of dollar signs dancing in her eyes. I’ve seen women (including myself) divorce for many reasons (some good, some bad, some just none of my business), and I’ve seen women divorced by their husbands for many reasons as well, but I’ve never seen one who didn’t fight like hell to avoid a divorce for as long as she could, and I’ve never seen one who didn’t fall apart emotionally at least a time or two in the process over the failure of her marriage, the loss of her love, and the destruction of her family. I’ll agree, though, that in the midst of all this pain, most of them do get to experience a complete shock when they realize how thoroughly the settlement will favor the husband. I’m always mystified at where all these men who talk about being taken to the cleaners by their ex-wives are coming from. Most divorced women I’ve known have struggled desperately to stay afloat and care for their children (unless they’ve lost the custody battle) with little or no money or involvement from their exes.

Your ex-wife sounds like a real piece of work, assuming you’re correct about her motivations. I believe, though, that your experience is hardly the norm.

08-24-2006 03:24 PM

Re: career women are hot
newjerseybadger
Visitor
newjerseybadger

[Termi0n ]

HA! Its amazing how you all continue to inadvertantly prove the article correct.
Hey if you think their so hot, YOU marry them.
Termi0n,

1. I did marry one. We’ve celebrated our 19th anniversary.
2. You’re a troll.

08-24-2006 03:28 PM

Re: career women are hot
jlseagull
Contributor
jlseagull
Oh, I see now. I’m a coward and I cheat on my wife.

No real points or logical rebuttal, mere ad hominem attacks are all feminist career women can come up with. Typical. Sigh.

08-24-2006 04:53 PM

Re: career women are hot
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

newjerseybadger wrote:

[Termi0n ]

HA! Its amazing how you all continue to inadvertantly prove the article correct.

Hey if you think their so hot, YOU marry them.

Termi0n,

1. I did marry one. We’ve celebrated our 19th anniversary.

2. You’re a troll.

1. Thats super. She must have you well trained.
2. Who me?

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-24-2006 05:14 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: