Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them

Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
VPat33
Visitor
VPat33

Perhaps, dear men, you are overlooking the basic fact that women who are empowered, aggressive and intelligent enough to maintain successful careers are also the types to have very high standards, expectations and goals. If you are unable to meet those goals, we will leave you – because we can. We no longer need men to pay our bills and give us a place in society.

I am a young VP who has often worked 70-hr weeks, traveled extensively, and have always made more money than my husband. I’m not saying it’s always easy to balance marriage and a career, but marriage is rarely easy, no matter the circumstances.

The most important thing is that I am with my husband because I love him and can’t imagine being without him. I respect who he is as a person, no matter the amount of money he makes. We have a great life together. Period.

Women without careers, who stay home to raise children, are very often trapped – trapped in an unhappy and unfulfilling marriage, trapped financially and economically, trapped socially (because all of their friends are also in the same situation). So true, the divorce rate might be lower in comparison, but let’s look at the reasons that’s the case. My husband would rather spend time with a woman who loves him and wants to be with him, than someone who is just with him because she has no choice.

All marriages involve compromise. But in the end, the important thing is for both parties to be happy. I don’t have children – don’t want them – and my husband knew that when we married. Instead, we travel the world, spend amazing time with one another, are passsionate about the same hobbies and causes, and find new things to love about one another every day. Can you say the same about your marriage?

In conclusion, if you aren’t confident enough and strong enough to marry a career woman, than I would agree – don’t. Save the career-women the headaches of divorce – and leave us to find REAL men who can partner successfully with smart and ambitious women.

08-25-2006 09:50 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
CareerGal9
Visitor
CareerGal9
Thank you for succintly stating what the rest of us are thinking!

08-25-2006 09:55 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

“In conclusion, if you aren’t confident enough and strong enough to marry a career woman, than I would agree – don’t. Save the career-women the headaches of divorce – and leave us to find REAL men who can partner successfully with smart and ambitious women.”

I agree! In fact I would encourage all men to ignore career women altogether. Not only is it in a man’s best interests (emotionally, morally, biologically, financially) to avoid self-absorbed career women, but it is also in society’s best interests to insure that such women do not reproduce, that they remain alone and childless. It’s nature’s way of making sure the bad genes don’t pollute the gene pool.

Message Edited by Hedgie on 08-25-2006 10:05 AM

Message Edited by Hedgie on 08-25-2006 10:06 AM

08-25-2006 09:56 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
CareerGal9
Visitor
CareerGal9
Hedgie wrote:
I agree! In fact I would encourage all men to ignore career women altogether. Not only is it in a man’s best interests (emotionally, morally, biologically, financially) to avoid self-absorbed career women, but it is also in society’s best interests to insure that such women do not reproduce, that they remain alone and childless.

Hedgie, while you have every right to express your opinions – I am shocked that anyone could honestly think what you stated above. It’s preposterous. Is it really in society’s best interest that these brilliant, motivated, career woman do not reproduce? Would you rather the world was filled with women that fulfill their husband’s every whim while suffering silently inside? Would you rather your wife stayed with you out of necessity instead of love?

You’re the man that we spend so much time trying to avoid.

08-25-2006 10:05 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
VPat33
Visitor
VPat33

Why is it that some people feel inclined to automatically stereotype career women as self-absorbed? I guarantee I give more back to society in terms of financial support and volunteer time – not to mention the tax dollars that are paying for your child’s education – than you do. And there are 8 billion humans on the planet – more than the limited resources we have available are really meant to support. The problem is that the people who really shouldn’t be reproducing are doing so in droves. I am not selfish – I may adopt some child who’s mother felt so inclined to pro-create, that the child was then left parentless and homeless. The need to “spread your seed” no matter the costs to the earth or society, is what is truly selfish.

08-25-2006 10:05 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

“Is it really in society’s best interest that these brilliant, motivated, career woman do not reproduce?”

Yes. It is in society’s best interests to insure that women who eschew family and children, who in effect deny their very purpose, do NOT reproduce. Such women are an obstacle to society’s continued survival.

08-25-2006 10:14 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
mrmayn
Newbie
mrmayn

08-25-2006 10:34 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
mrmayn
Newbie
mrmayn

Amen Sister.

I could not have said it better myself. I think that you will find that most women (“career” women and non-“career” women) would agree with all that you said. And I love your conclusion paragraph. Great way to end a wonderful post.

Thanks for your insights,

Michelle from RI

08-25-2006 10:37 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
FSettin99
Newbie
FSettin99

Hope your husband takes half of your earnings when he decides to leave.

Funny that all these women get on here talking about how much money they make as though they are better.

Dancers make a lot of money too, but that doesn’t mean I respect them. At least they don’t have to work 70 hour weeks.

08-25-2006 10:38 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
coffee
Visitor
coffee

What a low view of marriage! However, I don’t blame you or working women. In general, I believe we men have failed. We say don’t marry someone like you instead of asking ourselves why do women feel this way about us? We frequently see men portrayed as self absorbed morons on TV and still we fail to ask ourselves why is this such a popular presentation of men?

I am sorry you have been sterotyped and attacked by us men as unworthy of marriage and I hope your marriage continues to grow deeper and stronger.

08-25-2006 10:38 AM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

I have dated career women and they are no more intelligent nor worldly than the physically beautiful women who I have elected to be with instead. Most “career” women are not attractive. Their health suffers. Their attitudes suffer. They are obsessed with issues that career men such as myself do not concern ourselves with. Thank you, I prefer tall, beautiful women. They are no less intelligent or capable than you. They have just benefitted genetically from being beautiful in addition to being bright.

08-25-2006 11:03 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Antiriad
Regular Contributor
Antiriad

coffee wrote:
What a low view of marriage! However, I don’t blame you or working women. In general, I believe we men have failed. We say don’t marry someone like you instead of asking ourselves why do women feel this way about us? We frequently see men portrayed as self absorbed morons on TV and still we fail to ask ourselves why is this such a popular presentation of men?

I am sorry you have been sterotyped and attacked by us men as unworthy of marriage and I hope your marriage continues to grow deeper and stronger.

Do not pretend to speak for me or other men; you don’t.

08-25-2006 11:13 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
UprMgmt
Newbie
UprMgmt

I completely agree! Women nowadays have more choices and opportunities afforded to them. Educated women who make good money and can support themselves don’t need a man to do that for them. Additionally, they will make the decision to leave a relationship that is unsatisfying because they CAN. They have the money to support themselves and perhaps their children as well. A woman may be “stuck” in a relationship because she can’t afford to leave. That’s was how it was in the 50’s! Women stayed in unhappy, unfullfilling marriages because they COULDN’T leave.

Divorce rates are higher than ever, and why do you think that is? It’s because women want more for themselves, more out of the only life they will ever lead. Good luck gentleman, on finding that “non-career woman” because chances are, you will find something wrong with her too.

08-25-2006 11:23 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Angelus
Contributor
Angelus

VPat33 wrote:

In conclusion, if you aren’t confident enough and strong enough to marry a career woman, than I would agree – don’t. Save the career-women the headaches of divorce – and leave us to find REAL men who can partner successfully with smart and ambitious women.

Sounds like you are projecting. If you are so confident and strong, why do you feel the need to shame us and try to instill the fear on us of not becoming a “REAL” man and marrying a career woman like yourself?

The “REAL man” thing is really a big theme, I have noticed. But I may ask- what is a real man? Are those who aren’t one UNREAL men? Are there real women and unreal women too? Because I never hear women talk about that.

The truth is a real man is a human being with a pen*s, so strop trying to define what man is for us to try to get us to serve your best interests.

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 11:29 AM

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 11:29 AM

08-25-2006 11:28 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
coffee
Visitor
coffee

Forgot to add reply to Antirad:
————————————————————————-
Do not pretend to speak for me or other men; you don’t.
————————————————————————-

I am not sure what percentage of men would share my view but I am afraid it may be a minority which would support VPat33’s original premise.

In any event, you are correct, I do not intend to speak for other men, I speak for myself.

I believe the article on not marrying carreer women shows a lack of depth in thinking and I am grieved to see women under attack by men.

Message Edited by coffee on 08-25-2006 12:10 PM

08-25-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Antiriad
Regular Contributor
Antiriad

UprMgmt wrote:
I completely agree! Women nowadays have more choices and opportunities afforded to them. Educated women who make good money and can support themselves don’t need a man to do that for them. Additionally, they will make the decision to leave a relationship that is unsatisfying because they CAN. They have the money to support themselves and perhaps their children as well. A woman may be “stuck” in a relationship because she can’t afford to leave. That’s was how it was in the 50’s! Women stayed in unhappy, unfullfilling marriages because they COULDN’T leave.

Divorce rates are higher than ever, and why do you think that is? It’s because women want more for themselves, more out of the only life they will ever lead. Good luck gentleman, on finding that “non-career woman” because chances are, you will find something wrong with her too.

You seem to think that this is a situation which is endlessly sustainable as it imposes no cost on society.

Wait 20 years, then come back with the same assertion. I guarantee, you are going to see some dramatic social changes in the coming decades.

08-25-2006 11:53 AM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

With any luck, in 20 years the career women and their enablers who rule the roost today will be dead and buried. They are a dying breed. They aren’t reproducing. End of story.

Too, as the economy changes in the years ahead, they will find their Ivy League educations, fancy MBA degrees, will be worth very little.

In the meantime such people will have been replaced by those men who started families with traditional, non-career women, and their children.

The future belongs to the traditionalists.

08-25-2006 12:02 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
coffee
Visitor
coffee

Guys, please stop worrying about your own feelings and stop attacking and start listening… Why is not needing a man so important to these women? Think! Care!

08-25-2006 12:24 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
bekis
Contributor
bekis

“moneyneversleep

I have dated career women and they are no more intelligent nor worldly than the physically beautiful women who I have elected to be with instead. Most “career” women are not attractive. Their health suffers. Their attitudes suffer. They are obsessed with issues that career men such as myself do not concern ourselves with. Thank you, I prefer tall, beautiful women. They are no less intelligent or capable than you. They have just benefitted genetically from being beautiful in addition to being bright.
08-25-200611:03 AM ”

Hold on, there are NO tall beautiful women with careers? I didn’t realize that prospective employers ruled people out if they were tall, beautiful and women, or that tall beautiful women were genetically predisposed not to have a career.

08-25-2006 12:33 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
Well if there is all this risk of beein left by an empowered woman because she does not need a man because she eithier has a job or the courts that takes the money the man makes and give it to her while keepin the man away from her, why getting married in the first place and beeing held accountabel ?

08-25-2006 12:41 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
zacharias
Regular Contributor
zacharias
“Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them”

You know, I can “handle” a crisis, I can “handle” a major illness or accident, but I see no reason at all to have to “handle” someone who is supposedly a life mate and partner.

So, both of us will be better off for you to look for that “REALman(tm)” who can “handle” you.

You really like being “handled”?

08-25-2006 01:18 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
fellxtcat
Newbie
fellxtcat

. You are obviously use “hysterical” reactionism to state that career women are self absorbed. Its also quite clear that you spend waaaaay too much time on your computer. Perhaps you’ve been burned by such a self absorbed women before, but do you truly think that every women who has a career is selfish. Aren’t career men selfish in some ways too? Isn’t it possible that they are men and women who have careers that are selfish and some that are not. Some people can handle a much bigger load than others, which involces maintaining a job and a family- that means both MEN AND WOMEN!
My mother is a career women who raised my three siblings and I to be unselfish, caring people. She helps abused children all day and still has time to come home and take care of her family, with the help of my father! Just because she has a career doesn’t mean she is self-centered. She is quite this opposite and helps my family survive by having such a job.
You, however, do serve a purpose, for you give people (of either gender) someone to use as an example of what we don’t want to be. Any smart career person would not choose someone as hysterical and overgeneralizing as you to mate with anyway, so I really don’t think you will have anything to worry about.
I guess we should all stay home barefoot and pregnant to raise the little imbesals that your wreched self might create. Surely, you have the right to express your opinion, please just don’t donate any sperm for an ever threatening career women might just produce both “selfish”(her side) and blantantly ignorant child (your side).
I’d love to hear your reaction, so please write back a cleverly written, childish response.

08-25-2006 01:53 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
fishmonger
Contributor
fishmonger

Antiriad wrote:

coffee wrote:
What a low view of marriage! However, I don’t blame you or working women. In general, I believe we men have failed. We say don’t marry someone like you instead of asking ourselves why do women feel this way about us? We frequently see men portrayed as self absorbed morons on TV and still we fail to ask ourselves why is this such a popular presentation of men?

I am sorry you have been sterotyped and attacked by us men as unworthy of marriage and I hope your marriage continues to grow deeper and stronger.

Do not pretend to speak for me or other men; you don’t.

Amen brother!

08-25-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Career Women – Most Men Just Can’t Handle Them
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

Tall, beautiful women have many more options thant the typical baying feminist, who is typically unattractive and fat.

08-27-2006 02:15 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: