Forbes is going down


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Forbes is going down

Forbes is going down
Rexasaur
Newbie
Rexasaur

Forbes must be desparate to include crap like this….

08-25-2006 09:21 AM

Re: Forbes is going down
Angelus
Contributor
Angelus

Rexasaur wrote:
Forbes must be desparate to include crap like this….

What are you talking about? You must be really ignorant of what goes on every day. You talk like telling the truth about dating, marriage, and going against the feminist status quo is a fashionable trend instead of a death sentence. Just look at what happened to Larry Summers.

“In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell.

08-25-2006 09:32 AM

Re: Forbes is going down
Rexasaur
Newbie
Rexasaur

Yea I believe you have the wrong person. I never said such things and I only lie when my lips move.

I mean really people, is it really necessary for Forbes to allow a bitter man write about why you should not marry a career woman based on findings that have no concrete grounds on? Not to mention that most of what he has said has been used out of its context.

There is nothing wrong with a woman’s decision (made along with her husband) to stay at home and take care of the household. My mom did it and I must add she did an excellent job. That said, I also feel that this is a pathetic argument backed by a few weak sources, none of which substantiates it. If you decide not to marry a career woman because you have a fragile ego, then that’s your choice. But I find it unfair that because a woman has a career she is being categorized as an unhappy woman who is never satisfied.

And what about all those married men? All of those married men who are unhappy and end up cheating? Where do they fall into the whole scheme of things? Should women not marry men who have prestigious careers because they have such huge egos to fill that they are most likely to cheat? I can find tons of statistics that support this argument but you know this argument sounds just as ridiculous.

Mr. ‘Bitter from a Divorce” also failed to add the economic implications of marriage today. In order to maintain a certain lifestyle, both husband and wife have no choice but to work.

08-25-2006 09:55 AM

Re: Forbes is going down
Angelus
Contributor
Angelus

Rexasaur wrote:

And what about all those married men? All of those married men who are unhappy and end up cheating? Where do they fall into the whole scheme of things? Should women not marry men who have prestigious careers because they have such huge egos to fill that they are most likely to cheat? I can find tons of statistics that support this argument but you know this argument sounds just as ridiculous.

ç

This is an article about CAREER WOMEN and their disadvantages when it comes to marriage, NOT an article about cheating MEN. For the love of god stop swallowing the blue pill of political correctness aka cultural marxism.

YES I know women have problems. I hear about them every second of every minute of every hour of my life. That’s not the freaking point and stop trying to make it the point.

You are trying to establish rules for what men can say and how they can say it. Every time we have grievances, we need to also put into it some equivalent grievance women have just so YOUR IDEA that women have equal or more serious problems than men still gets across. That way we will never get our problems solved because yours will always be more urgent. You know what’s that called? Brainwashing. Thought conditioning. On a mass scale. And we are beginning to see through it. Do you want to know what I call it? PERFIDY. Men loved you. Loved you enough to give up essential god-given rights because we thought it would make you safe, make your lifes better, give you what you told us you deserved. In return, you made us second class citizens. I for one will not put up with it any longer.

Also Rexaur- nobody stops you from publishing articles about good and bad men to be dating. Infact, they are practically everywhere. But you are not demanding those articles be changed to be more sensitive towards men. You are nothing but a class-A hypocrite.

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:41 AM

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:42 AM

08-25-2006 10:40 AM

Re: Forbes is going down
Rexasaur
Newbie
Rexasaur

You obviously need some Smart Water too, is there a deli nearby?

I was just making a point that his argument is ridiculous by using an equally ridiculous argument to illustrate that point.

I am all for freedom of speech but if you are going to make an argument in a magazine whose readers targets highly educated career men AND women, make sure you have grounds to back your argument up, which he fails to do.

There are disadvantanges to everything including marrying your trophy girlfriend. To single out women because they have a career is just as ridiculous as singling out men because of their aspirations.

08-25-2006 11:00 AM

Re: Forbes is going down
DudleyM
Visitor
DudleyM

Angelus wrote:
Men loved you. Loved you enough to give up essential god-given rights because we thought it would make you safe, make your lifes better, give you what you told us you deserved. In return, you made us second class citizens. I for one will not put up with it any longer.

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:42 AM

What God-given rights did men have to give up to improve the quality of women’s lives?

08-25-2006 12:43 PM

Re: Forbes is going down
Angelus
Contributor
Angelus

DudleyM wrote:

Angelus wrote:

Men loved you. Loved you enough to give up essential god-given rights because we thought it would make you safe, make your lifes better, give you what you told us you deserved. In return, you made us second class citizens. I for one will not put up with it any longer.

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:42 AM

What God-given rights did men have to give up to improve the quality of women’s lives?

Where to start?

The right to be innocent until proven guilty is a good place. Replaced by “a woman’s word is proof enough”. The justification given is that we can’t risk women being afraid to report abuse or rape and not being believed. Wether you agree or not with that, the implication is that it is acceptable that some men will take it for the team (the team being YOU). Rape shield laws take away the constitutional right to face your accuser. Women accuse workmates of sexual harrassment and the company is forced to comply let it be sued . You will agree that a group that has less civil rights than the other is second class and therefore the one entitled to claim opression yes?

How about our right to a place as the male role model in the family, and access to our own offspring. Our children are taken away from us all the time on a whim. Child support is enforced with the threat of imprisonment- yet visitation times are not. Child Support would be more properly called Adult Support as the ammount to pay is calculated not on the necessities of the child but on a percentage of the husband’s earnings- they might as well call it a bounty, it would be more honest. This takes away a man’s liberty, as he is forced to live to support a family that isn’t his anymore, while his former wife lives in a house that he probably paid for.

How about the right of little boys to grow up without being subject of abuse or persecution because of their sex? Boys are Stupid, Boys are Smelly, I see these kind of messages everywhere. Girls are encouraged to not respect their male counterparts… ironically this hurts girls more as it drives the sexes away and destroys what could have been a beautiful 21st century where we could have come together, instead you listened to two or four lesbians and we are going to have – at least for time being – a really, really, cr*ppy century where women and men will absolutely hate each other. And I know I wont blame the latter.

It is pointless to go on. You know I am right. You took advantage of our good intentions. But a line will be drawn- make no mistake.

08-25-2006 03:22 PM

Re: Forbes is going down
fishmonger
Contributor
fishmonger

Angelus wrote:

Rexasaur wrote:

And what about all those married men? All of those married men who are unhappy and end up cheating? Where do they fall into the whole scheme of things? Should women not marry men who have prestigious careers because they have such huge egos to fill that they are most likely to cheat? I can find tons of statistics that support this argument but you know this argument sounds just as ridiculous.

ç

This is an article about CAREER WOMEN and their disadvantages when it comes to marriage, NOT an article about cheating MEN. For the love of god stop swallowing the blue pill of political correctness aka cultural marxism.

YES I know women have problems. I hear about them every second of every minute of every hour of my life. That’s not the freaking point and stop trying to make it the point.

You are trying to establish rules for what men can say and how they can say it. Every time we have grievances, we need to also put into it some equivalent grievance women have just so YOUR IDEA that women have equal or more serious problems than men still gets across. That way we will never get our problems solved because yours will always be more urgent. You know what’s that called? Brainwashing. Thought conditioning. On a mass scale. And we are beginning to see through it. Do you want to know what I call it? PERFIDY. Men loved you. Loved you enough to give up essential god-given rights because we thought it would make you safe, make your lifes better, give you what you told us you deserved. In return, you made us second class citizens. I for one will not put up with it any longer.

Also Rexaur- nobody stops you from publishing articles about good and bad men to be dating. Infact, they are practically everywhere. But you are not demanding those articles be changed to be more sensitive towards men. You are nothing but a class-A hypocrite.

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:41 AM

Message Edited by Angelus on 08-25-2006 10:42 AM

Awesome post Angelus. It’s great to see that some American men aren’t quite brainwashed by the P.C. beast yet!

08-25-2006 03:22 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: