To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……

To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
alexalex
Newbie
alexalex

It’s probably your own **bleep** fault.

In your dating years, you alpha males take advantage of nice, fairminded, honest, non-game-playing, principled women. Then when you don’t find them “fun” anymore, you kick them to the curb for some bratty, deceitful, hissy-fit-throwing, condescending, $400-shoe-wearing, high-maintenance prima donna because they’re more “exciting”.This happened to me a number of times when I was dating.

And then a few years later, you piss and moan that you are/were married to a  bratty, deceitful, hissy fit-throwing,  $400 shoe-wearing, condescending, high-maintenance prima donna. I hear this at work all the time, and I’ve seen it here on this message board.

Well, we all reap what we sow, dudes. I’m now in a very happy marriage to someone who respects and appreciates me, and it’s my turn to laugh.

Don’t get hand cramps from writing those alimony checks!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

08-27-2006 04:26 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

Funny thing is I’ve been fair minded and principaled and have been looking for a fair minded and principaled woman all my life. Strangely enough, they always passed me up for “Alpha Males” who were assholes and treated them like crap. Then they cried to me about it but went back to them.

Then I tried being an a-hole. Low and behold they were all over me. But I couldnt keep it up because I started falling for them and I didnt like being an jerk to girls I had feelings for. Then they left me and went after guys who were more of a jerk.

Women in this country sure are strange.

Message Edited by Termi0n on 08-27-2006 04:38 PM

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-27-2006 04:37 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
draxis
Visitor
draxis
newsflash lady, take it from a former nice guy:

EVERY woman is a bratty, deceitful, hissy fit-throwing, $400 shoe-wearing, condescending, high-maintenance prima donna. Or aspires to be one. Didn’t you read “The Rules”?

YOU may actually have been kind to a non-alpha male like me, when we both were younger, but trust me you’re sisters weren’t.

Call me a whinner if you want. I’ll be calling you from a beach in bangkok with a bargirl on either arm.

08-27-2006 04:55 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
ayecalypso53
Visitor
ayecalypso53

$400.00 shoes?!  Yeah, ok…..I must be missing something when I shop at bargain basement stores for my shoes.

Oh, and BTW…my parents raised me with manners – so a hissy fit throwing brat I am not!

We all don’t do $400.00 shoes when the men we are married to spend that much on orthodics for their feet that pound the pavement to do his share to keep the family comfortable.  Some of us do have priorities you know – FAMILY FIRST!

So, that being said, just because you have been shafted by women who don’t seemingly give a darn don’t go ahead and tar the rest of us hard working family women with the same stick!

I’ll never see $400.00 shoes – just like I’ll never wear them either, because I wouldn’t want them anyway!

08-27-2006 05:06 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

There is actually an element of truth to some of this.

I am going to use sweeping generalisations, but keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rules.

Yes, generally growing up teenage girls and young ladies in their early 20s gravitate towards the typical “alpha” male.  I know I did.  The guys who treated us like dirt, cheated on us, lied to us, used us, etc.  We were excited by the “bad boys” and the naive prospect of “changing” him.  We, in our fairy-tale notions pictured him as our dark hero and we would save him from himself.

Then we woke up.

As many females mature, they realise this so-called “alpha” male is a joke and best left to the simpering prima-donnas.  We begin to look to our male friends – the guys who held our hands when we were weeping over jerks.  The guys who would come over to our apartments, act like complete gentlemen, and just listen.  The guys who would remember an insignificant, minut detail we said several weeks ago – because they were truly interested.

My fiance is my best friend.  We started out as best friends, became more than friends, and now we will be partners for life.  My parents had the same thing.

As a teenager, he was hardly an “alpha” male.  He is more the “geek” type.  (Which suits me fine as I find intelligent men highly attractive).  However, his integrity, mind, confidence, and drive places him far above any of the so-called “alpha” males.

Women who go for jerks have low self-worth.  They get what they deserve.

08-27-2006 05:12 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Marta2003
Regular Contributor
Marta2003

draxis wrote:
Call me a whinner if you want. I’ll be calling you from a beach in bangkok with a bargirl on either arm.
Hope you like sex with condoms.

08-27-2006 05:17 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
leeraconteur
Regular Contributor
leeraconteur

draxis wrote:
Call me a whinner if you want. I’ll be calling you from a beach in bangkok with a bargirl on either arm.
Hope you like sex with condoms.

Sadly, twice as many American Women as men have herpes, and other STD’s are prevalent in young women today like HPV and Chlamydia.  It is necessary to have sex using a condom when dating American Women.

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid35923.asp

“…(B)lood tests of more than 11,000 people found 11% of men and 23% of women carry the genital herpes, or type 2, virus.”

08-27-2006 05:28 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
miscwit
Contributor
miscwit

“We begin to look to our male friends – the guys who held our hands when we were weeping over jerks.  The guys who would come over to our apartments, act like complete gentlemen, and just listen.  The guys who would remember an insignificant, minut detail we said several weeks ago – because they were truly interested.”

I’m sorry, is this a joke?

Guys in the “friend zone” get nothing, go nowhere, and unless they find a foreign woman, end up as lonely as career women in their 50s with cats.

American women want bad boys. Their actions speak louder than their words. The most common search term for women on dating websites is “motorcycle”. Yeah, that speaks well of American women. If women were honest, the most common search term should be “househusband”.

How do you know when an American woman is lying? Her lips are moving.

08-27-2006 06:09 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

I’m sorry, is this a joke?

Guys in the “friend zone” get nothing, go nowhere, and unless they find a foreign woman, end up as lonely as career women in their 50s with cats.

American women want bad boys. Their actions speak louder than their words. The most common search term for women on dating websites is “motorcycle”. Yeah, that speaks well of American women. If women were honest, the most common search term should be “househusband”.

Nope.  No joke.  Some women do wise up.

I wouldn’t want a house-husband, unless he wants to stay at home.  That would be his choice – whatever makes him happy.

Maybe this is because I am not an American woman.  He, however, is an American man.  Trust me, he is getting somewhere, if he wasn’t my best friend, and the man of my dreams, we wouldn’t be jumping through hoops to be able to be together.

I speak sincerely to you genuinely good men – there are good women out there.  Don’t let bitterness cloud your hearts.

08-27-2006 06:23 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
TheBM
Contributor
TheBM

miscwit wrote:
“We begin to look to our male friends – the guys who held our hands when we were weeping over jerks.  The guys who would come over to our apartments, act like complete gentlemen, and just listen.  The guys who would remember an insignificant, minut detail we said several weeks ago – because they were truly interested.”

I’m sorry, is this a joke?

Guys in the “friend zone” get nothing, go nowhere, and unless they find a foreign woman, end up as lonely as career women in their 50s with cats.

American women want bad boys. Their actions speak louder than their words. The most common search term for women on dating websites is “motorcycle”. Yeah, that speaks well of American women. If women were honest, the most common search term should be “househusband”.

How do you know when an American woman is lying? Her lips are moving.

No, She isn’t lying it is just that she is sugarcoating it.

They don’t wake up and “mature” They realize they are getting older and need to settle down so they go find a niceguy. Most also need a man to help them with the 2-3 kids they had with those thugs in their 20s.

They will hate you for it. You see they don’t want to settle for those “male friends” aka beta guys they dissed when they were younger but they do it only because they need it.
If a bad boy comes back around she will just cheat on them and then divorce and take his house and money a few years down the road regardless.

That is why. They view those nice guys are suckers. They don’t respect them and they hate them. They don’t think twice in screwing them over.

08-27-2006 06:24 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
TheBM
Contributor
TheBM
That is why it is better to not get married at all. Take what you can get from women when they are around and do it without mercy as they WILL not think twice about doing it to you.

08-27-2006 06:26 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

No, She isn’t lying it is just that she is sugarcoating it.

They don’t wake up and “mature” They realize they are getting older and need to settle down so they go find a niceguy. Most also need a man to help them with the 2-3 kids they had with those thugs in their 20s.

They will hate you for it. You see they don’t want to settle for those “male friends” aka beta guys they dissed when they were younger but they do it only because they need it.
If a bad boy comes back around she will just cheat on them and then divorce and take his house and money a few years down the road regardless.

That is why. They view those nice guys are suckers. They don’t respect them and they hate them. They don’t think twice in screwing them over.

I am not sugarcoating anything.  I speak from experience.

I’m also hardly “old”, unless 26 is considered old.  I also have no kids.  I also resent being told that I am “settling” for my fiance.  I actually dumped an ex who was an “alpha” male, for my best friend.

Not to mention, if I was “settling”, I would harldy being going through the legal red tape and so on just so we can be together, (He’s American, I’m dual citizenship Finnish-Canadian.  Not only do we need to get him his Canadian citizenship, but EU one as well as we are planning to live in Germany).  I doubt very much I would be doing any of this if he was just a “settlement”.

08-27-2006 06:31 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
sassyone
Newbie
sassyone

Boy, how did we all get so jaded about life and relationships?

Yep, I’ve been one of those women that tried to fix bad boys, but I’ve recovered.   I had to dig pretty deep to figure out why I was so attracted to them, and now I understand my part.  For all of those men that are only attracted to women that like only bad boys, maybe you really don’t want a relationship???

I’d love the source of the motorcycle statistic.  It would be the last word that I would search on.

Men and women are about equal in the lying department.  The lies are over different things, http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=28520.

08-27-2006 06:37 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Marta2003
Regular Contributor
Marta2003

leeraconteur wrote:
Sadly, twice as many American Women as men have herpes, and other STD’s are prevalent in young women today like HPV and Chlamydia.  It is necessary to have sex using a condom when dating American Women.
I was thinking more of HIV and syphillis, given their prevalence amongst sex workers.  But I’m assuming he was talking about having sex with these women.  Perhaps he was just talking about running off to a foreign country to merely have women there hang about his person.

08-27-2006 06:43 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

I’d love the source of the motorcycle statistic.  It would be the last word that I would search on.

Indeed!

If anything, my search criterion would include ‘video games’ and ‘writing’ – but I’m a nerd so that goes without saying

I can’t picture my man on a motorcycle, in fact, just picturing it makes me giggle.

08-27-2006 06:43 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
You see the point is every man can be confronted with the anti male divorce institution regardless of his behaviour. So you suckered a man into marrying you how long are you gonna keep him ? How about if i do not marry and do not expose myself to the risk of having to pay alimony.

08-27-2006 07:19 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

So you suckered a man into marrying you how long are you gonna keep him ? How about if i do not marry and do not expose myself to the risk of having to pay alimony.

How about this.  If you choose not to marry for the fear of a woman using you and then discarding you, then you are fully entitled to that.  No one has the right to tell you otherwise.

However, making an assumption such as your about my state of affairs is not only ludacris, but juvenile as well.  You know nothing about my circumstances.  But just for the record – I plan on ‘keeping’ (What a lousy term.  He is a human being, not a possession), him for the duration.  He is my soulmate.  Why would I give that up?

08-27-2006 07:26 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
Easy because people change over the years and you might wake up one day and realize you are not happy annymore. Of course it is his failure if you would not be happy within 10 years from your marriage and it is only fair that he leaves YOUR house and pays what he owes in alimony. Tell me why marry at all why just not cohabit, its the same thing expect that you do not get the chance to take hubby to the cleaners. If you love him as you claim why do you want to marry loading all that risk on his back ?

08-27-2006 07:45 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

Does your, er, “soul mate” know that you spend time on the internet communicating with strange men?

08-27-2006 07:46 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

Does your, er, “soul mate” know that you spend time on the internet communicating with strange men?

*nods*  Indeed he does.  We are both online gamers so we both communicate with strange men and women nearly every day.

Tell me why marry at all why just not cohabit, its the same thing expect that you do not get the chance to take hubby to the cleaners. If you love him as you claim why do you want to marry loading all that risk on his back ?

Well, for one thing – he asked me to marry him, not vice versa.  Also, I don’t know how it is in the US, but here in Canada and in the EU (where we are moving to once married and the paperwork goes through), if you cohabitate for more than 12 months you are considered common-law, and will be placed under the same laws as a married couple.

Because I love him, I know with full conscious that I would never “take him to the cleaners”.  I’m sorry if you find my beliefs incredulous.  I grew up with two parents who worshipped one another and were each others “soulmate”.  I have the same.  No amount of belittling or negativity can take that away from me.

08-27-2006 08:09 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
In the EU you are not put under divorce style laws for cohabiting but i heard England has such a law coming. If the girl I date did not had her mother divorce the father like in your case I would even consider marriage and I would let her know that there would not have been a snowballs chance in hell that I would have proposed if her parents were divorced. I think thats the only way to drive divorce out of style before divorce drives marriage out of style.

08-27-2006 08:59 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38

leeraconteur wrote:

draxis wrote:
Call me a whinner if you want. I’ll be calling you from a beach in bangkok with a bargirl on either arm.

Hope you like sex with condoms.

Sadly, twice as many American Women as men have herpes, and other STD’s are prevalent in young women today like HPV and Chlamydia.  It is necessary to have sex using a condom when dating American Women.

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid35923.asp

“…(B)lood tests of more than 11,000 people found 11% of men and 23% of women carry the genital herpes, or type 2, virus.”

eewwwww, that’s nasty. So if you date an American woman today you got a 1 in 4 chance of dating a woman with genital herpes???? But if an American woman dates an American man, she only faces a 1 in 10 chance that the man has genital herpes??? It’s no wonder all you guys are going for Asian or Eastern European women instead of American women.

08-27-2006 09:04 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
IWentThere
Contributor
IWentThere

This is another case of supposed facts being manipulated to support an argument.

Herpes is very hard to track becuase far too many cases go unreported.   The only reason why it would statistically appear that more women have HPV that men is simply because most women have it tracked through routine exams, (PAP smears, cervical exams, etc).

There is simply not enough data to support a number such as 1 out of 4 women, and 1 out of 10 men.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Trends2000/herpes.htm

You can see for yourself on the American government website.

08-27-2006 09:15 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
leeraconteur
Regular Contributor
leeraconteur

It’s probably your own **bleep** fault.

In your dating years, you alpha males take advantage of nice, fairminded, honest, non-game-playing, principled women. Then when you don’t find them “fun” anymore, you kick them to the curb for some bratty, deceitful, hissy-fit-throwing, condescending, $400-shoe-wearing, high-maintenance prima donna because they’re more “exciting”.This happened to me a number of times when I was dating.

Nope, not me.

I simply realised early on that marriage was no longer a good deal for a man.

The current legal climate is so tilted towards women, that it doesn’t matter if she is nice, fairminded, honest, non-game-playing and principled.  The fact is the law favors her and you can never be sure she won’t turn on you.  If the law was fair, then these kinds of women would still turn, but the consequences wouldn’t be life-ruining.

Heartache, loss of love is expected.  Add in financial and social ruin and seeing your children only once a fortnight, because your exe, the law and the Family Courts consider them ‘her’ children, and you have a losing situation for the man no matter the character of the woman.

No one wants to live on eggshells with a Sword of Damacles hanging over their head.  That’s not love, that’s not a relationship, that’s not marriage.

08-27-2006 10:32 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
leeraconteur
Regular Contributor
leeraconteur

This is another case of supposed facts being manipulated to support an argument.

Herpes is very hard to track because far too many cases go unreported.   The only reason why it would statistically appear that more women have HPV that men is simply because most women have it tracked through routine exams, (PAP smears, cervical exams, etc).

This study is the result of 11,000 blood tests.  This controls for routine exams, etc.

You seem unwilling to accept facts that counter your own worldview and opinions.

This is the JAMA – one of the most, if not the most, respected Medical Journals in the U.S.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/

“JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, is a highly cited weekly medical journal that publishes peer-reviewed new medical research findings and editorial opinions…”

If you don’t accept a JAMA finding, then there is no source on this planet that you will accept; there isn’t a more rigorous vetting process for papers, studies or surveys.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/296/8/964

I’d post the entire pdf, but I don’t think you are capable of accepting reality.

Guys, this is at the root of many of those who disagree.  They feign scientific scepticism in the name of proper citation protocol, but at their core they are deeply prejudiced against any facts, articles, statements or opinions that counter the standard feminist, pro-female line of thought, thinking and belief.

Even when confronted with evidence, such as 23% of women test positive for Herpes-2 and 11% of the men, they still refuse to acknowledge it.  Even if it comes from a nearly unimpeachable source like the JAMA.

08-27-2006 10:48 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

draxis wrote:
newsflash lady, take it from a former nice guy:

EVERY woman is a bratty, deceitful, hissy fit-throwing, $400 shoe-wearing, condescending, high-maintenance prima donna. Or aspires to be one. Didn’t you read “The Rules”?

YOU may actually have been kind to a non-alpha male like me, when we both were younger, but trust me you’re sisters weren’t.

Call me a whinner if you want. I’ll be calling you from a beach in bangkok with a bargirl on either arm.

You mean every woman YOU’VE been attracted to.  Clearly another case of a man with questionable taste.  Pity.

08-27-2006 11:31 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
doingitmyway
Contributor
doingitmyway
-“The only reason why it would statistically appear that more women have HPV that men is simply because most women have it tracked through routine exams…”

It’s not “the only reason”, one possible alternative is that more women actually have HPV.

08-28-2006 04:10 AM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Pelican
Regular Contributor
Pelican
Some women don’t grow out of the alpha male stage, but most do.

I remember having a huge crush on a guy friend in high school. Huge. He was often pretty callous towards me, but he was charming and handsome and all of that stuff. I was stupid enough to date him briefly. And I had a bunch of other guy friends who I’d have around and when my mum asked about them, I’d just shrug and go “yeah, but I don’t think of him like that”. And she’s smile and say something along the lines of “Oh, you will”.

And hell, she was right.

This has nothing to do with income — the alpha guy I am still friends with, but while he is now extremely romantically interested in me (much to my amusement), I wouldn’t touch him with a ten-foot pole. I apparently have become fascinating to him, what with all the globetrotting and experience and career, but he is not someone I’m interested in that way. He’s even more handsome now, and still just as charming, and has a great job, but he’s still that arrogant alpha male deep down inside, that guy who absolutely must put someone else down to feel like he’s worth more than them, and I’m over that. Got over it when I was 17.

On the other hand, all of those guys from high school who were standing back and letting the alphas brag it out — those guys are the choice picks now. Their careers are all over the map. One’s a rockstar (no, seriously, it’s pretty bizarre), one’s a stay-at-home dad and freelancer, one’s a farmer, they’re all sorts of things. But they all have this sort of confidence and self-assurance that the alphas distinctly lack. The “geeks” of my life are now the ones I constantly put my trust in. The alphas are the ones most likely to start a fight at a formal party or stand you up for lunch.

Most women grow out of the alpha male pretty quickly these days for a very good reason: an alpha male usually gets his alpha-ness by browbeating or stepping on other people, and that’s just not attractive when you’re looking for a partner rather than a captain. The beta guys are the ones who were just as smart and capable as the alphas, but stepped back to let the blowhards do their thing without getting caught in the blast.

The number of women I have seen attached to alphas who are absolutely humiliated when their husband machos out in a completely inappropriate situations is awful — I never want to be that woman, especially as when she rightly tries to defuse the situation, she often gets screamed at as well for “interfering”. The alphas just don’t have the social game they need to get the good women, and that’s why they tend to go for the ladies they got with such regularity in high school — the ones who just haven’t matured enough to figure out that the loudmouth might be intelligent and attractive right out of the gate, but the genial guy who treats you and others with respect is the one you want in the marathon.

08-28-2006 07:18 AM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

“Most women grow out of the alpha male pretty quickly these days for a very good reason…”

And sometimes it’s too late. By the time the stupid woman “grows out of it,” she’s already slept with a few dozen guys, contracted an STD or three, and had a kid.

Charming, eh? She’s quite a catch.

Plus, just when she has snapped out of it, the former “geeks” have wised up and cottoned on to her and her kind.

08-28-2006 08:49 AM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Pelican
Regular Contributor
Pelican
Actually, women mature mentally faster than men — I’m sure you’ve heard that statistic — and so most of us are over the entire “alpha” thing by our mid-20s. Most of us actually figured it out by the end of our teenage years. As for the former geeks — some of them might have grown bitter and twisted, I wouldn’t know, none of the ones I know have. I mean, you have, obviously, so clearly there are some bad seed geeks out there.

And while we’re talking statistics, men statistically have FAR more sexual partners than women do, so this entire “women are sluts” aspect of your argument is somewhat lacking.

Actually, I’m not sure what woman you’re talking about at this point. From what I can tell, the woman in your example is an STD-riddled woman who has slept around, gotten a college education, built a career that earns 30k per year, and managed to fit in the birth of a child whose father done run off. That’s quite the little lady. I don’t know anyone who fits that profile; do you?

08-28-2006 09:17 AM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38

Pelican wrote:
Actually, women mature mentally faster than men — I’m sure you’ve heard that statistic — and so most of us are over the entire “alpha” thing by our mid-20s. Most of us actually figured it out by the end of our teenage years. As for the former geeks — some of them might have grown bitter and twisted, I wouldn’t know, none of the ones I know have. I mean, you have, obviously, so clearly there are some bad seed geeks out there.

And while we’re talking statistics, men statistically have FAR more sexual partners than women do, so this entire “women are sluts” aspect of your argument is somewhat lacking.

Actually, I’m not sure what woman you’re talking about at this point. From what I can tell, the woman in your example is an STD-riddled woman who has slept around, gotten a college education, built a career that earns 30k per year, and managed to fit in the birth of a child whose father done run off. That’s quite the little lady. I don’t know anyone who fits that profile; do you?

“…most of us are over the entire “alpha” thing by our mid-20s. Most of us actually figured it out by the end of our teenage years.”

Which is it? most figure it out by their mid-20’s…. or most figured it out by 18 or 19? That was a rhetorical question really, I just wanted to point out the confusion that goes on in your mind and then comes across when you put your thoughts to words…

In the english langauge, the word “most” signifies a majority. Thus, your either redundant in your speech, or else you don’t know what the word “most” means.

Your stupid or redundant thoughts aside, medical studies have shown the female body is most healthy for child-bearing from years 18 to 26, thus if “most” women “figure out” things by their mid-20’s, then that would mean that “most” women got screwed out of making the best decisions for their life during their best years for child-bearing. I’m sure you’re were trying to make it appear that there are little or no negative consequences for a young woman to be idiotic and assinine, but I have just shown medical facts that show that there are consequences for women 18-26 who are assinine and idiotic.

08-28-2006 11:42 AM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
blaineso
Contributor
blaineso
Don’t get hand cramps from writing those alimony checks!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You write the above, but probably think of yourself as a “nice, fairminded, honest, non-game-playing, principled woman.”

What a catch you’d be.

08-28-2006 12:19 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

With women such as you, is there any other option?  I hope not.  Ever see Rosemary’s Baby?

08-28-2006 01:11 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

Your argument is unsupportable.  Please provide a valid, empirical citation or STFU.

08-28-2006 01:15 PM

Re: To all guys who got a raw deal from marriage……
Pelican
Regular Contributor
Pelican

“…most of us are over the entire “alpha” thing by our mid-20s. Most of us actually figured it out by the end of our teenage years.”

Which is it? most figure it out by their mid-20’s…. or most figured it out by 18 or 19? That was a rhetorical question really, I just wanted to point out the confusion that goes on in your mind and then comes across when you put your thoughts to words…

In the english langauge, the word “most” signifies a majority. Thus, your either redundant in your speech, or else you don’t know what the word “most” means.

You do understand that “most” is not actually a set number, right? And that the construct of the phrase above linguistically leaves room for growth between realising that alphas are to be avoided and then actually eschewing them entirely? As in, “I realised that arrogant guys were bad for me, but I still fell for a few — now I wouldn’t go near one, though”.

Language doesn’t actually work the same way as maths, you know. And if you try to apply the same rules, you’ll just come off looking a little… dim.

08-28-2006 04:16 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: