Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage

Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
dflynn5656
Contributor
dflynn5656
I hate to admit it but Michael’s is awful simple.

All the article said was that career women are a very very poor choice for marriage partners.

Men already knew that anyway. Any woman with “other” priorities is a bad marriage choice.

Girls – if you want to get married, consider Dale Carnegie tactics – what does the “BUYER” want to buy? A housewife and mother or a “high powered” career girl who can’t or won’t cook. Regrettably, the price for your failure to consider what men might want in a woman till now – is being rejected as a viable marriage partner.

And ladies – would you want the father of your children to be such a dolt that he thought a career girl was a GOOD choice? Obviously in selecting you – he fails the very first intelligence test.

Ladies – you’ll be happier in the short term company of smarter men who just use you – than foolish men who marry you under a WRONG assumption of possible marital success. After all, it took brains for you to get that masters degree – do you want to be bound to a dupe?

David

08-29-2006 11:20 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
SM777
Regular Contributor
SM777
“Ladies – you’ll be happier in the short term company of smarter men who just use you – than foolish men who marry you under a WRONG assumption of possible marital success. After all, it took brains for you to get that masters degree – do you want to be bound to a dupe?”

Perhaps I can put this in a nutshell:

Smart Men/Career Women – Great Sportsex – Goooood

Foolish Men/Career Women – Marriage – Baaaaad

08-29-2006 11:28 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
Ahhh, stereotype. I’m a masters degree student who’s also **bleep** good in the kitchen. If you think career women can’t cook, you’ve obviously never tasted anything I’ve made.

Let’s see…have I thought about what men want? I cook, I clean, I’m a caring, nurturing person; I’m smart, I can carry on a good conversation, I can fit in at a nice restaurant or at a football game with a beer in my hand. Heck, I cooked all the food so that we could have a super bowl party at my place. I don’t spend an hour getting ready to go out and I don’t need a man to buy me diamonds or $50 meals. I can change a tire. I work out and eat healthy. I can deal with belching and farting. I’m willing to compromise. I’m even willing to put the career on hold temporarily to make babies, as long as I can do it part time if that’s at all possible. I put 10% of my paycheck into savings so that I can afford said babies. I can pay bills and my time management skills are superb. I’m a good listener and I give great back massages. I’m sure there’s more too. Guys want all that, right?

What’s funny is that most of those are good old life skills that I wouldn’t have learned so well if I hadn’t learned first how to get out of the house and WORK for what I have.

08-29-2006 11:58 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
dflynn5656
Contributor
dflynn5656
OK PhatKat –

Now for the tough question….the GYM question.

Career girls who can cook can also weigh more than their boyfriend.

If that’s not the case here – we have a winner.

In a survey of college age men (20 I believe) they found that women were most attractive at 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height and 4 pounds for each inch therefater.

The only thing that turns men off faster than wanting to be dad more than mom – is a girl who weighs more than dad.

After all this thread is about the successful marital choices – and thinner IS healthier.

08-30-2006 12:40 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
tomshh
Regular Contributor
tomshh

PhatKat, it isn’t even a question of “can career women cook” or “are career women willing to cook/clean”.

Even if both are positive, comes the REAL reason why men no longer want women like you.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THESE THINGS.

Right now I am single.  After a day at the office, the last thing I want to come home to is a disaster.  And by being single, I don’t have that.  No worries, no problems, no stupid sh*t spending credit card bills, no 2 hour stories about office gossip, no children to fight with and home work to do, no nag nag nag nag nag nag nag.

We men are sick of it.  We are no longer willing to be both daddy AND mommy.  NO MORE.

08-30-2006 01:49 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
MartianBachelor
Regular Contributor
MartianBachelor

phatkat811 wrote:
Ahhh, stereotype. I’m a masters degree student who’s also **bleep** good in the kitchen. If you think career women can’t cook, you’ve obviously never tasted anything I’ve made.

Let’s see…have I thought about what men want? I cook, I clean…

So, can you relocate?

Seriously, the ability to change a flat almost puts you in a class by yourself.

But one has to wonder: could any man possibly be good enough for you?

And was Wonder Woman one of your heroines?

Inquiring minds want to know!

______________________________________________
“The loudest, most strident voices calling women weak, stupid, and incapable of competing in the world at large are the feminists.” – zed the zen priest

08-30-2006 03:39 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
Anti_Feminist
Regular Contributor
Anti_Feminist

A feminist claiming to be domesticated is like a real estate con man claiming they have the deal of a lifetime for you!

They will both smile at you, treat you nice (unlike the feminist the con man will even bring you a cup off coffee before you sign up) and the will both tell you that signing on with them is a smart choice and that you are now so far ahead of all the other people who didn’t get in quick.

But once the papers are signed, it’s all over. None of their past actions or promises matter you’ve just lost everything!

So tell us ladies, why should we want to be with people who’s position is that we owe them everything have no rights as parents or people, no say in either or own or our children’s future, and are simply not relevant to the human race?

A clean house and folded underwear are not going to convince us to accept your vile attitudes.

08-30-2006 05:06 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

Anti_Feminist wrote:

A feminist claiming to be domesticated

You mean like a horse?

What are you talking about?

08-30-2006 08:03 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

tomshh wrote:
PhatKat, it isn’t even a question of “can career women cook” or “are career women willing to cook/clean”.

Even if both are positive, comes the REAL reason why men no longer want women like you.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THESE THINGS.

Right now I am single.  After a day at the office, the last thing I want to come home to is a disaster.  And by being single, I don’t have that.  No worries, no problems, no stupid sh*t spending credit card bills, no 2 hour stories about office gossip, no children to fight with and home work to do, no nag nag nag nag nag nag nag.

We men are sick of it.  We are no longer willing to be both daddy AND mommy.  NO MORE.

That’s awesome!  Now you know why women are choosing career over family!  Doesn’t it feel nice to be able to empathize?

08-30-2006 08:04 AM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
toadman
Regular Contributor
toadman

———
even willing to put the career on hold temporarily to make babies, as long as I can do it part-time if that’s at all possible.
———

Do you mean work or parent part-time? In either answer raising children is a birth to empty-nest/college 20 years or so, fulfilling in so many ways, hence why many career women once with child give up the careers.  Where’s your maternal instinct? Likely not until you’ve had a breast-feeding newborn.  As they age children pick up on if they are an inconvenient delay in someone else’s choices.
If mom is not the secure rock putting them first they know.

08-30-2006 10:50 AM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
Oh. My. God. I can’t believe my weight is coming into question again. Is that all you guys can stoop to – you’ve got no more insults for a woman, so she must be FAT?

OK, fine. Here is the honest truth. I’m 5’5″, 145 lbs. I do some aggressive skating and pushups and weights, so I’ve got more muscle than the average female. I enjoy it when the tiny little girls at the gym in their trendy pink workout clothes leg press 100 pounds and then I get on the machine and double it. I’m also a C-cup so that adds a few pounds as well. The crap about adding 4 lbs. for every inch is ridiculous. That is only for those females who naturally have the size-4 model body that only a small percentage of the population has. I’ve been curvy ever since I was 10 years old and have never worn a size 4 in my life, at least not on my bottom half. I’m a size 10 and I get plenty of compliments on the way I look. Sure I cook, but I cook a lot of healthy food – veggies, chicken, rice, etc. I dunno how those stats look on paper, but trust me, I’m rather proportional, and I can have a chest without looking like I’m gonna topple over.

My boyfriend is 6’3″ and 182 lbs. HE has got the waif-like figure all the big strong men love. LOL! He also eats like an absolute hog. When we go out to eat he gets all of his food and half of mine. It’s kinda nice – keeps me from eating after I’m full.

I do love wonder woman. And some men are good enough for me, but I’m picky. I want to be treated right. And, of course, respected, which is a word that has been seriously lacking on these forums.

08-30-2006 12:19 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811

toadman wrote:
———

even willing to put the career on hold temporarily to make babies, as long as I can do it part-time if that’s at all possible.

———

Do you mean work or parent part-time? In either answer raising children is a birth to empty-nest/college 20 years or so, fulfilling in so many ways, hence why many career women once with child give up the careers.  Where’s your maternal instinct? Likely not until you’ve had a breast-feeding newborn.  As they age children pick up on if they are an inconvenient delay in someone else’s choices.

If mom is not the secure rock putting them first they know.

Not getting what you mean here. More specifically, I would like to have a baby and spend a little time at home with the baby, because that is healthiest for them. If I can go back to work a few hours out of the week while my husband watches the kid(s), that would be wonderful. I could do some paperwork from home. This would be a decent pattern until the kids are in school. I do have a maternal instinct; I love kids; but I am not a stay-at-home type of person. I want to feel like I’m contributing to society and to the family finances because again, I’m not counting on having a sugar daddy with a 6-figure salary. (Matter of fact, I don’t want one! Those are the guys who work 60 hours a week….leaving me alone with the kids 60 hours a week….yuck.)

After 5-6 years, the baby will be in school….add a couple of years for other kids. Now tell me, if I have kids who aren’t at home 8-9 hours out of the day, why do I have to sit around and polish the banisters, watch Oprah, and play with my vibrator all day? My mom worked when I was in school. She dropped me off, went to work, and picked me up. We went home and she’d let me help cook dinner. During the summer, she worked a few days out of the week and put me in a daycare where I got to play with other kids. They took us swimming at the Y and fed us. Once I was 12 or so, I could stay home by myself when mom worked. I got plenty of time with her – Mom is still my best friend – but she had no reason to stay home and “raise me” when I was 18 years old and about to head off to college.

08-30-2006 12:28 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811

tomshh wrote:
PhatKat, it isn’t even a question of “can career women cook” or “are career women willing to cook/clean”.

Even if both are positive, comes the REAL reason why men no longer want women like you.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THESE THINGS.

Right now I am single.  After a day at the office, the last thing I want to come home to is a disaster.  And by being single, I don’t have that.  No worries, no problems, no stupid sh*t spending credit card bills, no 2 hour stories about office gossip, no children to fight with and home work to do, no nag nag nag nag nag nag nag.

We men are sick of it.  We are no longer willing to be both daddy AND mommy.  NO MORE.

No children to fight with and home work to do, eh? So does that mean you don’t want kids, or you want to marry a woman who will stay with them allll the time so that you don’t have to see nor hear them?

08-30-2006 12:29 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
hero
Contributor
hero

PhatKat, if you claim to be a hot chick, then you need to back it up.  I want to see photos.  Bra and panties only, please.

08-30-2006 08:36 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
dflynn5656
Contributor
dflynn5656

PhatKat – your weight came into question because of 2 things_

The first is your “handle” Phat Kat.  This suggests – Fat Cat.  Honestly, you said it first with that….

The second is you have supported feminist ideas here AND yet tried to sound attractive to men – so men naturally figure there’s a catch (since men know it is impossible for feminists to have redeeming qualities).  Naturally therefore, there a catch, we figure. For example – missing body parts due to a terrible accident, multiple abortions, warrant out for your arrest, or whatever.

Try changing your name (er your handle that is) – and telling people your vital statistics “up front” then no one will figure they’re being conned.

David

08-31-2006 12:38 PM

Re: Ladies, If you choose career – you unchoose marriage
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
First of all, I never claimed to be a feminist. I’m a woman with a job and an education. To my knowledge, that didn’t equal FEMINIST except back in June Cleaver’s era. In fact, I don’t subscribe to most feminist theories or ideas. If I did, I wouldn’t want to get married and have kids some day – which I do. Both things.

Second, “phat” is a funny, if a little outdated, synonym for “cool”. Kat happens to be my name – well, a shortened version that my friends call me. It doesn’t imply that I am obese any more than it implies I have whiskers and a fluffy tail.

I’m not trying to appear attractive to men – AGAIN, I am in a relationship, and most of the men here don’t have much that I would want, so I gather anyway. It was your argument that a woman with a career can’t or won’t cook or clean or would have anything a man would want. I disagree with that and I am the example that I know best.

Being conned? Who was trying to con anyone?? I have my flaws, as does everyone, but no missing limbs (how is that a huge detriment anyway?? My best friend is handicapped.), never been pregnant, no arrest record or warrants (hmm, I work in mental health…wouldn’t THAT be funny).

I disagree with you AND I’m not a horrible person. Wrap your brain around that one.

08-31-2006 03:26 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: