Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men

Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
BocaGuy
Contributor
BocaGuy

What really scares men

Aside from the IRS and emotional commitment, the only thing that would
truly scare men is a totally changed attitude of women between the ages of
25 and 40.

Here’s what I mean and be patient, there’s a story to tell. I am a
dickhead. A butthole. An SOB. I’m rude, aggressive, intolerant, and
impatient. I wear gold necklaces and huge pinky rings. I am a walking
stereotype of a guy who has no respect for anyone who can’t get me what I
want. Oh, and I’m a bit overweight and bald. Not that looks matter in this
story.

Here’s the deal. I’m rich. I worked very hard to make a buttload of money.
I own a huge house, several wildly expensive cars, and an really large
investment portfolio. I don’t have to work if I don’t want to. But I enjoy
my work and put in some long hours. I’m in my late 40s so I don’t have
youth on my side.

I have a little hobby. I exploit women. It’s not that I intentionally do
this, it’s just how things always manage to work out. In my very few off
hours, I like the company of attractive women. I’m a full-blooded Male and
my sex drive is strong. Though my character and personality are often
nasty, the women don’t seem to mind.

Here’s what happens. I show up at my favorite restaurant bar driving my
wildly expensive car. I’m wearing a watch which costs more than most people
earn in a year. My clothes are obviously expensive but understated. My
tailor has taught me some key lessons about dressing. Sitting at the bar
are at least four or five women, often more. Some are young and some are
not. I don’t care. Do you know why these women show up at this particular
bar? Because men like me do. Rich men come here.

I ignore the other guys in the bar because they don’t mean anything to me
unless I’m working a deal with them. Then, I buy that guy a drink, exchange
a few polite words, and move on to my real reason for coming to my favorite
bar, to score. That word is a cliche, I know. But I don’t care. I want to
meet an attractive woman and have sex with her.

It’s pretty easy to find one. They are wearing a short skirt, a revealing
top, and makeup. My favorites are the ones who look just a bit
uncomfortable in their “I’m going to meet a rich man” outfit. The women who
come here are often quite educated. But again, I don’t care. I look for the
most attractive women there. I ignore the fatties, the poorly dressed, the
women who don’t show any skin, the women without makeup. If they don’t make
the effort to look good, why should I even bother? I made the effort to get
rich, after all.

My approach is always the same. I read a book once about picking up women.
I use some of those techniques. But the best technique is to make sure the
woman knows I’m rich. It always works. Always. Always. Always. Once they
know I’m rich, I could mumble and drool and they don’t care. Taking them
home is almost too easy. “I think we should leave here and do something
more fun.” I never bother to listen to the response, I get up to leave,
they always follow.

There are times when I want to break with this routine when I am looking to
score. Then, I’ll get out my $50K, custom chopper motorcycle and put on my
riding outfit. I’m not really a good rider. I just know enough to ride to
another hot spot where all the “liberated” women go. It’s a wine bar. While
I hate wine I like the action at the wine bar. Do you know how I approach
“liberated” women? I’m rude to them. I ignore their political talk and ask
them how many times they get laid. If they get offended, I ignore that and
keep the conversation focused on me and my needs. Few walk away. Most come
home with me on the back of my bike. It’s amazing at how many open-minded
women like bad boys.

So I’ve found getting women is easy. You might be surprised to learn that I
don’t like one night stands. I like the one month fling. I’ve gotten into a
routine with women. Once I meet them and screw them on the first night, I
am always very gracious and polite. I buy them flowers, something shiny for
their hands or neck, and take them to very expensive restaurants. I don’t
pursue any other woman during the four weeks. I treat them like princesses
but without any promises. I make sure we have lots of sex and keep the tone
of the relationship as sexual as possible without being overbearing. That’s
the hardest part for me, not being overbearing.

If I’m lucky, the current woman is open-minded to some wild stuff. I always
ask if she has a girlfriend who would like a threesome. About half of them
do. Even if they don’t, I don’t care. I’m getting what I want. You’d be
shocked at what women will do if they think they are landing a rich guy.
I’ve been to orgies, sex clubs, sex resorts, all of it.

So after about the first three weeks, the question about exclusivity always
comes up. “Are we exclusive with each other?” is typical. Well, cupcake,
for that month, sure. But I never actually answer that question. Frankly, I
just don’t care because I’m getting what I want. After about the fourth
week of wild sex and good dinners, the woman gets antsy about a permanent
relationship. Then I dump her, fast. “I’m sorry, I’m just not ready for a
serious relationship.” I never mention being friends. Being friends with a
woman is for losers and Momma’s boys.

The “breakup” is always entertaining. Most women pitch a major hissy fit. I
have it down to a science. I make sure they meet me at a particular
restaurant. I have selected this one restaurant not for the food, but the
private parking lot and survelliance camera there. I actually paid the
restaurant to install an audio feed so every word can be captured. After a
fine dinner, I walk her to her car and position us so the camera and
microphone can catch everything.

I say the magic words. The woman goes usually goes ballistic. I listen. I
apologize. I leave. It’s all short and sweet. Sometimes, I get a knock on
the door from the cops later that evening. The woman has complained that I
abused her that night. It’s usually a hassle to convince the cops to drive
to the restaurant to review the tape. Once, I was locked up for a night
before my lawyer could bail me out. But these false accusations have led to
a fairly lucrative side business for me. I sue the woman based on the
evidence in the tape. Oh, and I have secret cameras in my house I need to
protect my assets from false accusations of abuse, sexual or otherwise.

The most amazing thing is that I’ve been doing this for five years now.
I’ve gone through dozens of women. I’ve had the most amazing sexual
experiences and been around some intensely hot women. I’ve gotten
emotionally attached to one or two. But not enough for a permanent
relationship. My lawyer has advised me that a relationship longer than a
month might have serious and negative repercussions on my wealth. Marriage,
of course, is not an option under any circumstances. I really don’t care.
These women are smart and capable. They really don’t need me. They just
fell for the lie that they have to land a rich guy in order to be happy,
dumb broads.

So, back to the subject at hand – what scares men? More accurately, what
scares rich men? I’ve talked about this with some of my rich, single
friends. We all say the same thing: “**bleep**, if our money stopped buying us
all this **bleep**, why be rich?”

If women really and honestly looked at our characters and not our wealth,
us rich assholes would be a pretty sad bunch of losers. That’s our fear,
that women will wake up and discover that the ordinary schmuck on the
street is a better score than I am. Once women stop caring about money,
then I may have to rethink my attitude on marriage. That’s terrifying.
Fortunately, women won’t change, ever. Girls are taught to marry a rich
man. They always have, they always will.

Now, if you think this little story is a pack of lies cooked up by some
clever lady trying to convince women to change their ways, think again.
It’s all real. I live in Boca Raton, Florida. You can find me at Mizner
Park in Max’s Grille. It’s a great place to meet women. If you’re rich.

08-29-2006 12:06 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38
You’re writing in a complaining tone, but you never identify what you are complaining about. What do you want rich guy?

08-29-2006 12:34 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
MartianBachelor
Regular Contributor
MartianBachelor
He probably just wants to be loved for who he truly is deep down inside.

My first thought to his essay was the old bridge players saying: “You never get better than the people you play with”. It also reminded me of the joke about the bear who goes into the bar in Montana…

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He bangs on the bar with his paw and demands a beer. The bartender approaches and say “we don’t serve beer to bears in bars in Billings ”

The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer. The bartender again tells him “WE don’t serve beer to bears in bars in Billings”.

The bear, very angry now, says “if you don’t serve me a beer, I’m going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar.” The bartender, once again says “Sorry, we don’t serve beer to bears in bars in Billings.”

The bear goes to the end of the bar, and as promised, and eats the woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer. The bartender says “sorry, we don’t serve beer to bears in bars in Billings that are on drugs.”

The bear says “I’m not on drugs.”

The bartender says, “Yes you are, that was a barbitchyouate.”

______________________________________________
“The loudest, most strident voices calling women weak, stupid, and incapable of competing in the world at large are the feminists.” – zed the zen priest

08-29-2006 12:46 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Celticgirl
Contributor
Celticgirl
Admirably honest Boca Guy.

And you’ve hit the nail on the head as to why all these insecure men are getting hysterical about ‘career women.’

….because we would never put up with the likes of you.And no matter how many cocktails, how big your car is, if we didn’t find you physically attractive you would never get us into bed.

Having money means that we have control over our relationships and our lives. We have the power to live and love as we please. It’s very clear that some men are absolutely terrified of that.

08-29-2006 01:42 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

Celticgirl wrote:
Admirably honest Boca Guy.

….because we would never put up with the likes of you.

And?

Look its real simple. WE DONT CARE. We dont like you either. Why are you here?

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-29-2006 01:50 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

Termi0n wrote:

Celticgirl wrote:
Admirably honest Boca Guy.

….because we would never put up with the likes of you.

And?

Look its real simple. WE DONT CARE. We dont like you either. Why are you here?

To remind you over and over that you’re all actually bragging about picking from the bottom of the barrel.

08-29-2006 02:02 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

So, you admit that you wish to “control” the relationship.  Honesty, how refreshing. PS:  You are not attractive enough to get our attention.

08-29-2006 02:04 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Doc_Savage
Regular Contributor
Doc_Savage

Celticgirl wrote:

Admirably honest Boca Guy.

Honest?

He sounds like one of those cyber-fantasists who post on sites like fastseduction101 to me.

08-29-2006 02:07 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38

Celticgirl wrote:
Admirably honest Boca Guy.

And you’ve hit the nail on the head as to why all these insecure men are getting hysterical about ‘career women.’

….because we would never put up with the likes of you.And no matter how many cocktails, how big your car is, if we didn’t find you physically attractive you would never get us into bed.

Having money means that we have control over our relationships and our lives. We have the power to live and love as we please. It’s very clear that some men are absolutely terrified of that.

It seems to me, that you are mistaking rationale and logic (i.e. 50% divorce rate, and 70% liklihood of that divorce being initiated by the wife), for “insecurity”. “Insecurity” would be when a man feels he is not capable of getting and keeping what he wants, “Rationality” is when a man reasons logcially with facts and statistics that what he’s getting isn’t worth the risks involved of getting it and keeping it from mangling your nuts in a wood-chipper one day.

In any case, Mr. “Boca Guy”, doesn’t sound like he’s having a problem getting or keeping what he wants, for however long he wants, and if our Mr. “Boca guy” is complaining about something I don’t know what the hell it is, he doesn’t specify. If I thought of myself as a complete SOB and a-hole (like Mr. Boca Guy does), it certainly would make no logical sense in my mind to expect a woman to “love me for who I am”, let alone even begin to seek a woman to “love me for who I am”. Rationale people don’t think of themselves as complete SOB’s and then expect to seek/find someone to “love them for who they are”, the only people I’ve seen act like that are of the female gender. You know, those many women today who are proud to be self-acclaimed “biatches” and then expect men to love them for who the are?

08-29-2006 02:08 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

ftesyektsi wrote:

Termi0n wrote:

Celticgirl wrote:
Admirably honest Boca Guy.

….because we would never put up with the likes of you.

And?

Look its real simple. WE DONT CARE. We dont like you either. Why are you here?

To remind you over and over that you’re all actually bragging about picking from the bottom of the barrel.

And?

Look its real simple. WE DONT CARE. We dont like you either. Why are you here?

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

08-29-2006 02:09 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Hedgie
Regular Contributor
Hedgie

Thanks for sharing.

Too true.

08-29-2006 02:11 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
juliandroms
Regular Contributor
juliandroms
Boca Raton, Florida? Max’s grill? You must be a friend of Tucker.

Message Edited by juliandroms on 08-29-2006 02:14 PM

08-29-2006 02:11 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

moneyneversleep wrote:
So, you admit that you wish to “control” the relationship.  Honesty, how refreshing. PS:  You are not attractive enough to get our attention.

Curious:  have you ever met Celticgirl?  I ask because you make mention of her attractiveness (or lack thereof).

Or is it that you’re so misinformed about women that you actually believe that calling one “unattractive” is the worst possible thing you can say about a woman?

Kind of like the last refuge for a mental midgit:  “Call her ugly!  Call her ugly!”

Oy.

Message Edited by ftesyektsi on 08-29-2006 02:18 PM

08-29-2006 02:14 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Celticgirl
Contributor
Celticgirl
Touche, guys!

your not-so-measured responses illustrate my point perfectly about ‘insecure, hysterical men’. So it’s back to name-calling-in-the-playground now? What about some proper debate??

I particulary like the guy who got heated about me using the term ‘control’……it’s a very popular word with some posters on here who insist that all these big bad career women are FORCING them to think like metrosexuals and – horror – marry them! Come on guys, don’t be wimps.

The point I am trying to make is that you can’t generalise about career women, single women, women who make more or less than 20K a year (or whatever it is that classifies you as a thrusting female exec) more than you can generalise men as abusers and cheaters.

Yes I pulled Boca Man up because, as he freely admits he is a dork who wouldn’t get laid unless he threw his cash around. But does anyone wonder why he is so jaded about the opposite sex when he hangs round with women who are just after his cash?

PS.thanks for your support Fte….

08-29-2006 02:32 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

To BocaGuy:

I don’t know if that story was truth or fiction, but it’s certainly interesting (and entertaining)! Not being a moral relativist myself, I keep thinking about this:

If women really and honestly looked at our characters and not our wealth,
us rich assholes would be a pretty sad bunch of losers.

See, I don’t believe that perception determines reality. You either are a sad bunch of losers, or you are not. Even if no woman you ever encounter sees your characters beyond your wealth, you will still be a sad bunch of losers. And by the same token, even if you never come to understand that there are many women in the world who would choose any random homeless guy over you without a moment’s hesitation if he had a good soul and a loving heart, they will still continue to exist. The thing is, you sound like you are (at least for now) perfectly content with the way your life is going, so it would probably be nearly impossible to convince you to start choosing to do what’s right rather than what’s immediately gratifying. It sounds like most of the women you kick to the curb are playing the same game you are, just without the deck stacked so much in their favor. Maybe some of them will come to realize what a hollow existence they’re sharing with you and your “sad bunch of losers” and will develop some substance. Or, maybe most of them are actually having as much fun with it as you are. Who can say? In any event, whether you’re being remarkably honest or are just completely full of **it, thanks for your story.

08-29-2006 03:01 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
Porkchop if you do not understand his post you have troubels to understand and grasp a text. Iam no woman maybe u are overwhelmed by your emotions or something, try to calm down and read it again. The poster complains about the fact, that women put money first and everything else last, even the rich ones who do not need it because they are doing fine on their own. It is in their nature, a lot can not love a man who can not provide or (gasp) one they have to provide for.

08-29-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38
okay cass, I’ll have to take your word for it then cuz i can’t understand the point of the whole post in the first place. I try to put myself in Mr. Boca Man’s shoes and when I do there’s a lot that just don’t make sense, which I already explained above. Like I say, if I thought of myself as a complete SOB through and through, I’d probably do exactly what he’s doing, so I wouldn’t see any need to post my life story like that, for what purpose? It don’t make any logical sense to me, but thanks for breaking it down for me…

08-29-2006 03:57 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
MidsummerKnight
Visitor
MidsummerKnight
“The point I am trying to make is that you can’t generalise about career women, single women, women who make more or less than 20K a year (or whatever it is that classifies you as a thrusting female exec) more than you can generalise men as abusers and cheaters.”

Actually, you can generalize about people — and generally speaking, you’ll be right. At least, in my experience, which should not be taken as the scientific gospel (pun intended). As we all should know, the plural of anecdote is not data.

But… I grew up in a very liberal household as far as gender roles are concerned. I was taught to treat women no differently than I treat other guys. And my success with women was essentially miserable, until I took some advice from my dumb jock friends and became a bit of arrogant **bleep**. Quasi-regrettably, my experience has been that, as far as finding a hot body goes, being a bad boy works. As does being rich. Being nice and respectful is a recipe for loneliness, with its concomitant depression and celibacy.

This isn’t directly relevant to the overarching discussion of Noer’s bit on marriage, but it is tangentially related. For what it’s worth, I think a lot of the women here would do well to understand that a lot of men — which, obviously, indicates myself — have come to recognize a sort of dating ultimatum: you can do what women say they want, be adored for it, and never get laid; or you can do what women say they hate, be scorned for it, and have to keep a second pay-as-you go phone around for the express purpose of handling all the sex you’re getting.

I don’t really have a dog in this fight, I don’t think, since the kind of woman I’m looking for doesn’t likely exist in statistically significant quantities. Being that my fate is probably to die alone after a life of casual sex — perhaps of some type of VD, just for effect — consider my observations to be from the sidelines. Take them for what they’re worth, which, by revealed preference, probably isn’t all that much.

08-29-2006 05:25 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

For what it’s worth, I think a lot of the women here would do well to understand that a lot of men — which, obviously, indicates myself — have come to recognize a sort of dating ultimatum: you can do what women say they want, be adored for it, and never get laid; or you can do what women say they hate, be scorned for it, and have to keep a second pay-as-you go phone around for the express purpose of handling all the sex you’re getting.
A lot of men on here have expressed something similar to this; usually they’re trying to prove that women are all evil, cruel, stupid, and whorish by it. That doesn’t seem to be your point, Knight; I’m just taking the opportunity to address the basic observation.

Guys, many girls are like that. It’s not because of the deficiency of womankind. It’s because of the deficiency of humankind. When I was growing up, I got passed over time and time again as “just one of the guys” while my friend had the boys tearing their hearts out and offering them up to her for lunch. She was b*tchy, arrogant, deceptive, unfaithful, selfish, demanding, yes, even physically abusive, you name it. They adored her. The worse she treated them, the more they treated her like a goddess. And yes, they cried on my shoulder, pleading with me to “talk to her,” telling me what a great pal I was, how they wished she was more like me… But considering we were frequently mistaken for twins, I realized, they clearly didn’t want her to act more like me. So I tried acting like her. Sure enough, I couldn’t keep their names straight pretty soon, I had so many desperately lovesick suitors. And it never failed; the worse I treated them, the more they declared their love for me. I cheated on one guy with his best friend. In front of him. On purpose. He bought me earrings a few days later.

Do you see what I’m saying? Eventually, I just decided I really didn’t want to keep any guy around that was stupid enough to put up with that kind of treatment. Even more importantly, I realized I didn’t like myself when I acted like that. So I stopped. So everyone who’s here decrying the opposite sex, here’s two things to consider:

1) Your sex does the same crap; you just haven’t personally been dating them.

2) X treats Y badly, so Y learns to treat X badly, so more of X learns to treat Y badly, so Y…  Just stop it. Let it end. If you won’t do your part to break the cycle, you need to stop complaining about it.

… Okay, that’s all about that. For now…

08-29-2006 05:59 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
smiley
Newbie
smiley

I feel sorry for you rich old man that you have never experienced true love with a woman.  You are sad and pathetic and for the record I am a career woman and have no problem dating wonderful men.  I am with one right now.

You are a sad example for our society!!!

And one time I had a millionaire fly me to an exotic island for the weekend and I did not even kiss him.  I did not care how much money he had, I was not attracted to him. He tried to pursue me for weeks after we got back home and I would not return his phone calls.  I was not going to be another notch on his belt.

08-29-2006 06:25 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
MartianBachelor
Regular Contributor
MartianBachelor
So exactly why did you go away with him on an exotic vacation if you weren’t attracted to him? Is this some variation on the “drink whore” schtick several orders of magnitude more expensive to the guy?

______________________________________________
“The loudest, most strident voices calling women weak, stupid, and incapable of competing in the world at large are the feminists.” – zed the zen priest

08-29-2006 06:56 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

So you are an attention whore and a hooker, correct?

08-29-2006 07:33 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Jennifer2006
Visitor
Jennifer2006

BocaGuy,

It appears YOU love your money and your lifestyle more than a rewarding relationship.You also appear to love using women who are not in your income bracket or so it seems.

How about chasing a woman who is a wealthy as you proclaim to be–would you be so attractive to women in your own financial class–or do you just chase after women in bars because they are “easy” and you can impress them.  A women of independent means through her own efforts would NOT be impressed by your tactics.  Try someone of the opposite sex who has also worked as hard as you have and has what you have.  On a level playing field you might just come up short. Anyway you are not the ONLY wealthy man in Boca….

As for the women who get upset because you have led them on for a month….they might just be upset you made a fool of them–not because they lost a chance at your millions.  Money or not that would set anyone with a brain into a tailspin.  Who knows, one day it may just happen to you.  A woman may just see through you and dump you after one week and not even give you your month of sex—-I’ll pray for it.

08-29-2006 08:54 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
earthlaughs
Contributor
earthlaughs

Celticgirl wrote:Yes I pulled Boca Man up because, as he freely admits he is a dork who wouldn’t get laid unless he threw his cash around. But does anyone wonder why he is so jaded about the opposite sex when he hangs round with women who are just after his cash?

I agree with Celticgirl there.

I’d suggest, Boca Man, that those women are using you as much as you are them, in order to spend some time playing with you in your rich lifestyle, for however long they can get that.

I’d also question your definition of “liberated.” That can cover a lot of territory. Each woman defines it in her own way, as does each man. Many women who consider themselves “liberated” wouldn’t go for any man simply because he wore expensive clothes or drove an expensive car — even if he was good looking. There is something deeper that one looks for in an honest relationship. But if a woman you choose to spend time with likes nice restaurants, fast cars, expensive gifts, and is willing to go with you for a month, that’s her choice and her right.

I wonder, do you ever long to spend time with a woman you can trust to like you for yourself? Do you think you’ll want that more, as you grow older? It seems like yours would be a rather lonely, superficial existence. I’d get bored and tired of it, myself.

But it’s your life. Thanks for taking the time to share your point of view in such detail.

08-29-2006 09:00 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
earthlaughs
Contributor
earthlaughs
Oh, I meant to say, I’m still not sure exactly what you meant in this statement:

BocaGuy wrote:Aside from the IRS and emotional commitment, the only thing that would truly scare men is a totally changed attitude of women between the ages of 25 and 40.

“…a totally changed attitude of women between the ages of 25 and 40.”

Could you elaborate on what that refers to?

Message Edited by earthlaughs on 08-30-2006 01:16 PM

08-29-2006 09:05 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
earthlaughs
Contributor
earthlaughs

porkchops38 wrote:
okay cass, I’ll have to take your word for it then cuz i can’t understand the point of the whole post in the first place. I try to put myself in Mr. Boca Man’s shoes and when I do there’s a lot that just don’t make sense, which I already explained above. Like I say, if I thought of myself as a complete SOB through and through, I’d probably do exactly what he’s doing, so I wouldn’t see any need to post my life story like that, for what purpose? It don’t make any logical sense to me, but thanks for breaking it down for me…

I have to agree with you there, and judging by our opposing posts on other threads you’d be right to assume I’m shocked to find myself agreeing with you on anything. But I also wondered about his intent in posting here, and doubting whether he is actually what he claims to be. I wondered if he didn’t just post here to get a rise out of the women.

If he’s nothing else he’s entertaining. That doesn’t make him right or wrong, good or bad. But yes, I almost asked BocaGuy, “And your point is?”

08-29-2006 09:17 PM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
smiley
Newbie
smiley

No. I went away with him on the exotic weekend after specifically telling him that I was going ONLY as a friend.  I made this very clear to him.  No, he fell for me because I was not going to be like the other woman and sleep with him.

He seranaded me, wined and dined me and pulled out all of the atops to impress me.  Now what girl is not going to have fun for the weekend when they are treated like a princess.

I told him upfront that I wanted my own room, etc so I did not OWE him anything.
If he wisked me away after knowing all of that upfront, then he is the fool.

I tried hard to fall for him but it just wasn’t there for me.  There was not that attraction for me eventhough he was a millionaire.

Oh well, it brought my ex back quicker than you could say shazam which is the true love of my life.

08-30-2006 01:07 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

Smiley:

If it had been me, I wouldn’t have agreed to go with him no matter how much he swore he was okay with the platonic thing. It sounds like you were direct and honest with him up front, though, so I’d say it’s nobody’s d*mn business but yours and his. Be ready for it, though: now that these guys have basically called you a whore for accepting his invitation, they’re probably going to turn around and call you a few other choice names for not sleeping with him.

08-30-2006 01:17 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

porkchop, earthlaughs, etc.:

I think the OP’s intention was to illustrate his belief that women are all whorish materialists who care about nothing but money and will do anything to get it. I believe he also means to make the point (presumeably to the women) that if we’d all stop being so manipulative and grasping, men might treat us better. BocaGuy, if I’m wrong, please correct me.

In my opinion, the only thing he’s actually demonstrated (along with many other posters on this board) is that there are some really sad, nasty people in the world. Luckily, they apparently seem to find each other, which reduces the need for the rest of us to deal with them. Also, they apparently often justify their behavior to themselves by convincing themselves that a) everyone’s really like them, and/or b) it’s someone else’s fault they are the way they are.

Fascinating stuff.

08-30-2006 01:30 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
Celticgirl
Contributor
Celticgirl
Smiley – Have to say i agree with the poster above. I would not have gone on that trip and have indeed turned down similar opportunities. In my experience, men do not invite you for a lavish weekend away just to ‘be friends.’ Let’s be honest, if a man whom you know is attracted to you invites you for a fabulous trip, you should be worldly enough to know that if you go you will be expected to ‘put out.’ And mature and honest enough to decline the invite if you don’t want to.
You accept he wined and dined you and ‘serenaded’ you – in return you appear to be saying ‘he did the trick – it made my ex boyfriend come back.’
Women – like men – can’t have it both ways.

08-30-2006 06:34 AM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
PANDORASBOX123
Regular Contributor
PANDORASBOX123

He really isn’t complaining.  He is being honest and telling women and men how many men operate.  I give him credit.  He’s being honest and can communicate very well.  I would never put myself in a situation to go near men like this.  However, he is right.  Many women do.  Just because many women would avoid him, he knows that many women would gravitate towards him.   It’s pretty sad—but true. I’m printing this to show my daughter.  I’m taking it to work as well….It is very insightful and a warning to women to wake up and have respect for themselves.

08-30-2006 10:23 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

Pull your head from your *ss.  Print it off for your daughter all you like, she will be the recipient of attention you don’t want, but she does, and probably become a single mother which is kryptonite to any smart man.

08-30-2006 10:58 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
thebears
Newbie
thebears

Haha….is this for real? You sound a little like you’re scared to death to come out of the closet.  It’s cool, man.  Call me.

08-30-2006 11:39 AM

Re: Rich Guy With A Confession – What Scares Men
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

Remember, this article is about career girls, not career queens.

08-30-2006 12:31 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: