Am I the only one who has noticed this?


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ebhook
Newbie
ebhook

I’ve been reading the messages with some distress.  Am I the only one whose noticed that some of the men posting here appear to be very, very angry at women in general and feminist in particular?

Part of me wonders if this isn’t the last and final refuge of the Tailban since I’ve seen at least one posting saying that women shouldn’t have the right to vote.

Part of me wonders if some of the responses are designed to start arguments for the sake of arguments.

But, even if some of these posts aren’t tongue in cheek, aren’t meant to start meaningless arguments then I would argue that both sides have failed–feminism has failed to point out that equality for women isn’t a threat to men and the ‘traditional way’ has failed to explain why that way is so much better, or why women should ignore feminism.

09-01-2006 05:34 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
minx12
Regular Contributor
minx12

Yep. All any of us are doing is spouting off about “oh the injustice of it all”  But no one is doing anything about it. We get to comfortable with our toys and our TV and our drugs or sports or whatever distracts us from seeing the man behind the curtain, so to speak, to risk standing up for our beliefs anymore. We all feel like we have too much to lose it seems.

I can say I am just as guilty as anyone else, looking the other way.

And “opting out” is just a cop out. You take yourself completely out of the equation and you have no more power to change that which you do not like.

That’s not to say stand up and have some bloody revolution, but come on, there has to be a better way than a chinese standoff.

09-01-2006 05:39 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

ebhook wrote:
I’ve been reading the messages with some distress.  Am I the only one whose noticed that some of the men posting here appear to be very, very angry at women in general and feminist in particular? Oh, no no no. You’re not the only one.

Part of me wonders if this isn’t the last and final refuge of the Tailban since I’ve seen at least one posting saying that women shouldn’t have the right to vote. Weird, isn’t it?  Or, more accurately, your word: distressing.

Part of me wonders if some of the responses are designed to start arguments for the sake of arguments.  One can only hope.

But, even if some of these posts aren’t tongue in cheek, aren’t meant to start meaningless arguments then I would argue that both sides have failed–feminism has failed to point out that equality for women isn’t a threat to men that needs pointing out? I’m still confused about why they’re threatened, unless they are truly, honestly scared that women will simply not want them anymore, at some point.  But they shouldn’t worry about that.  People are physical creatures with a desire to pair…having good-paying jobs, having the freedom to pursue personal ambitions, won’t make men any less attractive to us than their personal goals and ambitions make women less attractive to them.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other in that respect.

What MIGHT be true is that women who have a sense of self and are confident and accomplished in the way of their choosing will feel BETTER about themselves, and will – as a nice bennie – probably be a happier partner to someone. and the ‘traditional way’ has failed to explain why that way is so much better, or why women should ignore feminism.  That would be hard to explain…

09-01-2006 05:42 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
juliandroms
Regular Contributor
juliandroms

Hey, I’ve been to my state capital several times, have met with lawmakers, and done all sorts of things to try to get a decent shared parenting legislation passed here.

It never happens, because eventually, feminist groups get up in a tizzy and block the legislation.

So don’t blame me.

09-01-2006 05:44 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
minx12
Regular Contributor
minx12

Juliandroms

Keep fighting the good fight! We need more like you.

09-01-2006 05:46 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
rjmck
Contributor
rjmck

ebhook: I asgree that many of the posts here, particularly from some men, have been over the line. But you have to understand “To be a man and to be conscious in this culture is to be in a constant state of rage.” What is truly perplexing is that after the last 4 days of this debate, so many women still don’t get it, preferring to use false dichotomy as a means of simplifying the men’s position.

09-01-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

juliandroms wrote:
Hey, I’ve been to my state capital several times, have met with lawmakers, and done all sorts of things to try to get a decent shared parenting legislation passed here.

It never happens, because eventually, feminist groups get up in a tizzy and block the legislation.

So don’t blame me.

Is it difficult to rally a good amount of men to get more backing?  If you can’t beat ’em…feminists (and others) use large numbers to incite change, and it’s proven effective.  What if you do something like a million-father march, or something?  You’re clearly driven and determined…there must be a lot more men out there interested in evening the custody field.

09-01-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38
This message board had more substance to it at the beginning, but the last few days the trolls have taken over. There’s too many “trolls” now who are obviously pretending, so I wouldn’t take any discussion here as having any possible serious merit anymore. You have people like “tellafriend” who is very obviously not a man, but he dlaims to be. Tellafriend is a feminazi woman with psychosis who comes to post here pretending to be the typical scum-filled man, perhaps she gets off dwiddling her klitoris while hurling insults at real men on this board, I don’t know, neither do I care. I just know that feminism must be in one sorry state of affairs if the best feminism has to offer is psychotic women like “tellafriend” who pretend to be scum-filled men on anonymous boards.

09-01-2006 05:51 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

porkchops38 wrote:
This message board had more substance to it at the beginning, but the last few days the trolls have taken over. There’s too many “trolls” now who are obviously pretending, so I wouldn’t take any discussion here as having any possible serious merit anymore. You have people like “tellafriend” who is very obviously not a man, but he dlaims to be. Tellafriend is a feminazi woman with psychosis who comes to post here pretending to be the typical scum-filled man, perhaps she gets off dwiddling her klitoris while hurling insults at real men on this board, I don’t know, neither do I care. I just know that feminism must be in one sorry state of affairs if the best feminism has to offer is psychotic women like “tellafriend” who pretend to be scum-filled men on anonymous boards.

Clever move on your part (even if ineffective) to turn Tellafriend into a woman in an effort to, in one swoop, demonize feminists and suggest that a man could never be that much of an idiot.

But, they can.  Tellafriend is.  Don’t worry – most of us (women) won’t assume that Tellafriend represents the lot of you. He is but one person, and I trust most of us recognize that.

Message Edited by ftesyektsi on 09-01-2006 06:00 PM

09-01-2006 05:59 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Isis
Contributor
Isis
I always try to see people as individuals, who have their own strengths, weaknesses, fears, aspirations, regrets and accomplishments.

I try not to group people and make assumptions about them based on gender or age or background.

But the past few days here has been pretty horrifying. The sputtering rage and ugliness has affected my opinion of men in general, although I know that these men are not representative of all men.

I have been listening to Jose Gonzalez’ Heartbeats, to bring myself back onto an even keel.

09-01-2006 06:01 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

Isis wrote:
I always try to see people as individuals, who have their own strengths, weaknesses, fears, aspirations, regrets and accomplishments.

I try not to group people and make assumptions about them based on gender or age or background.

But the past few days here has been pretty horrifying. The sputtering rage and ugliness has affected my opinion of men in general, Oh, no!  Don’t let that happen.  Every forum is its own…well, its own civilization.  Here, you just accidentally stumbled upon Lord of the Flies.  although I know that these men are not representative of all men.  Keep remembering that. And try to keep track of the guys on the forum who are rational, sane, and actually willing to have real discussion.  Their numbers are smaller, but they’re here.

I have been listening to Jose Gonzalez’ Heartbeats, to bring myself back onto an even keel.

Message Edited by ftesyektsi on 09-01-2006 06:08 PM

09-01-2006 06:07 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
2xdivorced
Newbie
2xdivorced
Hi, I’m late to the discussion but felt like I could offer some input, especially with respect to the original poster.

Yes, there MANY MANY men out there that feel bitter about the current situation in America. That doesn’t mean they hate women, they just don’t like the current situation. The very few on here who say to repeal the 19th amendment and that women are bad are a fringe element.

Ladies, the fact that men, with all the available evidence, foolishly decide to still marry should be enough to convince you that we do indeed like women, just not the system.

To deny that men server longer and harder jail terms, get executed more often, suffer 94pct of workplace fatalities, and an endless amount of other hardships while earning very little recognition from most women in society. Indeed, the hardest working men in our society most women would classify as losers.

In that vein, I would like to say that is also why a mens movement will never really take off. If you have any modicum of neutrality while reading these or other posts where men voice their concerns, you can instantly see shaming tactics brought to bear to “man up”. It would be humiliating to most men to be thought of as not capable of dealing with this on his own power.

While women are the majority of the population in the US they get all the breaks for being a minority. If that isn’t orwellian I don’t know what is.

But that’s ok. You can screech all you want about how you’re different. It doesn’t matter anymore. Most men just want back on mars.

09-01-2006 06:07 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38

ftesyektsi wrote:

porkchops38 wrote:
This message board had more substance to it at the beginning, but the last few days the trolls have taken over. There’s too many “trolls” now who are obviously pretending, so I wouldn’t take any discussion here as having any possible serious merit anymore. You have people like “tellafriend” who is very obviously not a man, but he dlaims to be. Tellafriend is a feminazi woman with psychosis who comes to post here pretending to be the typical scum-filled man, perhaps she gets off dwiddling her klitoris while hurling insults at real men on this board, I don’t know, neither do I care. I just know that feminism must be in one sorry state of affairs if the best feminism has to offer is psychotic women like “tellafriend” who pretend to be scum-filled men on anonymous boards.

Clever move on your part (even if ineffective) to turn Tellafriend into a woman in an effort to, in one swoop, demonize feminists and suggest that a man could never be that much of an idiot.

But, they can.  Tellafriend is.  Don’t worry – most of us (women) won’t assume that Tellafriend represents the lot of you. He is but one person, and I trust most of us recognize that.

Message Edited by ftesyektsi on 09-01-2006 06:00 PM

You can assume whatever you like. Like I say, these message boards had some substance at the beginning, but now it’s loaded her with trolls like “tellafriend” who simply just hurl childish insults. I spend less and less time here each day because of the lack of substance here now, and I’ll be gone away for the holiday as will most “real” people with real lives too.

Here’s what I posted about “tellafriend” on another thread…

It’s quite obvious that “tellafriend” is a feminazi woman with a serious case of psychosis who is anonymously posting here trying to act like scum-filled man. There’s no men in the world as assinine as “telefriend”, (even if their were, they certainly would never be rich enough to buy a computer or smart enough to operate a computer) that’s why the feminazi psychotic women have to play pretend characters when they post here. Yes I know it’s pathetic and psychotic, but that’s what feminism always has been and always will be. If there is no reason for feminist double-standard preferential treatment for women, then the feminazis will resort to creating fictional characters posting here just like they resort to creating fictional statistics about domestic violence, etc.

Go get help for you psychosis miss “telefriend”.

09-01-2006 06:12 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

ebhook wrote:
I’ve been reading the messages with some distress.  Am I the only one whose noticed that some of the men posting here appear to be very, very angry at women in general and feminist in particular?

Part of me wonders if this isn’t the last and final refuge of the Tailban since I’ve seen at least one posting saying that women shouldn’t have the right to vote.

Part of me wonders if some of the responses are designed to start arguments for the sake of arguments.

But, even if some of these posts aren’t tongue in cheek, aren’t meant to start meaningless arguments then I would argue that both sides have failed–feminism has failed to point out that equality for women isn’t a threat to men and the ‘traditional way’ has failed to explain why that way is so much better, or why women should ignore feminism.

Haha yet another IDIOT WOMAN in a long line of idiot women trying to think out loud

This is exactly what REAL men have been talking about on here– dumb biitches with selective hearing, trying to belittle men and then hypocritically getting offended when they are being described as the dumb biitches they really are.

The moral of the story: the truth hurts. You’re just too stupid to comprehend English. Go back in the kitchen and bake yourselves some more brain cells.

All you can see is “anger” because idiot women see things in terms of “nice” and “mean”.. All the REAL men see on here is women repeating the same idiotic feminist arguments over and over and over again like retarded parrots. All the arguments have been answered. Idiotic women are too dumb to comprehend English. It’s not our responsibility to teach you how to read. Blame your parents.

09-01-2006 06:13 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
ftesyektsi
Regular Contributor
ftesyektsi

2xdivorced wrote:
Hi, I’m late to the discussion but felt like I could offer some input, especially with respect to the original poster.

Yes, there MANY MANY men out there that feel bitter about the current situation in America. That doesn’t mean they hate women, they just don’t like the current situation. The very few on here who say to repeal the 19th amendment and that women are bad are a fringe element.

Ladies, the fact that men, with all the available evidence, foolishly decide to still marry should be enough to convince you that we do indeed like women, just not the system.

To deny that men server longer and harder jail terms, Aren’t they more likely to commit violent crimes?  Or do you mean a serial killing man will get a harsher sentence than a serial killing woman? get executed more often, Well, again, there are more men in prison for violent crimes than there are women. suffer 94pct of workplace fatalities, isn’t that because there are more men in factories and working construction than there are women? and an endless amount of other hardships while earning very little recognition from most women in society. What kind of recognition would you like?  Indeed, the hardest working men in our society most women would classify as losers. What do you mean, “most women”?  how do you know this?  Are you talking about elitist types who think blue-collar workers are somehow “less than”?  Because that’s a minority, not the majority.

In that vein, I would like to say that is also why a mens movement will never really take off. If you have any modicum of neutrality while reading these or other posts where men voice their concerns, you can instantly see shaming tactics brought to bear to “man up”. I keep hearing this, but have yet to see evidence of it.  Will you please direct me to even two examples of this “shaming”?  (Examples not offered by Tellafriend, that is – he shames everyone) It would be humiliating to most men to be thought of as not capable of dealing with this on his own power. Who says they’re not capable?  They need to gather en masse – just the same way any other group does when they want to see a change.  Changes don’t happen by simply WANTING them…it takes time, endless protests, etc.  I’m serious – get together a million-father march.

While women are the majority of the population in the US they get all the breaks for being a minority. If that isn’t orwellian I don’t know what is.

But that’s ok. You can screech Pity. You were great up to that point. all you want about how you’re different. It doesn’t matter anymore. Most men just want back on mars.

09-01-2006 06:15 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
rjmck
Contributor
rjmck

Sorry hit the wrong button and posted too early…no jokes please about premature posting.
What I mean about false dichotomy is the simplistic notion that either feminism is seen unambiguously as a good and noble thing, or you are a traditional male chauvanist who wants to return to some conservative dreamland of Father Knows Best. I have pointed out in previous posts that the ostensible goal of feminism, to give women equal opportunities, is, for many of us, self-evidently morally correct. I have no problem with this notion, and more than I do with making Blacks equal. This is why I was a strong proponent of feminist arguments 25 years ago, before it became fashionable.
But as the years when on, I noticed that feminism wasn’t any longer just about making women and men equal, but had been taken over by people who were using the ideology and principles of feminism for their own sexist purposes. Terms like “male chauvanist pig” are the ethical equivalent of “**bleep**”, but no one even today gets why it’s so offensive. Telling men that they’re suffering from “testosterone poisoning” is hate mongering on a deep level: it became part of feminist consciousness. And no one (at least no male) dares comment on this offensive, sexist attitude, because then his manhood will be attacked by the same women claiming that they’re working towards equality. And on and on and on and on for 30 years.
So when women come on this discussion board and express surprise that men are so angry, I can only shake my head in disbelief. Where have you been for thirty years? Never mind the facts of the case, which men here have posted ad nauseaum, about how the system is now making marriage simply untenable for us. Any one of us could tell you 10 or more stories about how their male friends have been screwed over by women manipulating the system. But it doesn’t stop there.
The other tendency is for the law to favour women in both criminal as well as civil matters. Here in Canada a woman named Karla Holmolka manipulated the entire legal system when she and her husband were caught raping and murdering women in Toronto 10 years ago. Holmolka cut a deal, turned state’s evidence, and her husband got 25 years while she got 8. She claimed to have been an abused woman living in fear of her husband. Later, videotapes were discovered showing her raping her own sister with a coke bottle, and forcing other women to perform oral sex on her. The murders didn’t start, actually, until Holmolka married her husband. Most analysts now feel that she instigated the murders, making her husband graduate from rape to murder, then pinning the whole thing on him, using the sexist stereotypes created by feminists to win a reduced sentence.
Feminists in Canada, however, are still fighting to have her name cleared. And this isn’t just an isolated incident. Again and again women are able to manipulate the system by finding a man to blame for their behaviour, as Susan Smith did when she killed her three children and blamed a black man. Blacks were outraged by her racism when it turned out she had killed her own kids. No one pointed out that by blaming a man, she was also a sexist. Studies have shown for years that women are just as abusive in domestic relationships (although they’re more likely to get hurt as a consequence) but that men are the ones who go to jail because of gender stereotyping, stereotyping promoted by feminist groups across North America.
And yet still the stereotyping and sexist, offensive comments persist. Pointing to the laudable goals of feminism doesn’t work when you deconstruct what feminsts have actually done. Using rationalization, deflecting arguments, pointing to another wrong, false dichotomies— none of this is going to work any more.
Men are just fed up with women, on a very deep level, just as women were fed up with men 20 years ago. Our anger towards feminism is just the tip of the iceberg. Your inability to deal with your own sexist attitudes while reveling in pointing out ours is just the beginning. Please take the blinkers off and take a hard look at what messages this culture sends towards men. Don’t point towards the past injustices towards women– they don’t justify what’s going on now. Don’t complain that women still must face an uphill battle- when the majority of people entering college are women, that hill is now downhill. Feminists at my university called a conference last year to investigate the “barriers that women still faced in academia”. At the same time, there are literally dozens of scholarships, awards and bursaries available only to women. There are none available only to men. That would be sexist, after all.
I could go on, but I’ll stop and let you absorb this. There are probably many other men who’d like to give you a few things to think about.

09-01-2006 06:19 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
Look we are not angry at women. I love women, i make sex with women. We are angry to see that we are loosing marriage that it is nothing more than a trap for a man. If we would be content with using women for sex and living luxurious lifestyles we would have no problems at all because it has never been easier to be a chauvinistic womanizing irrespnsibel arsehold than in this time and age. Just buy that sports car.
It angers us that the men willing to commit to support a wife and children get punished.
Most men on here want to embark on the ship called marriage, but that huge hole on starboard is not trust inspiering.

09-01-2006 06:20 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

Cassius wrote:

Most men on here want to embark on the ship called marriage, but that huge hole on starboard is not trust inspiering.

What crack pipe are you smoking. Committment is one thing. The SCAM called marriage is quite another. Men don’t want to embark on any marriage titanic. They want to find a woman they enjoy being with. Don’t confusing committment with marriage.

09-01-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Isis
Contributor
Isis

rjmck wrote:
But you have to understand “To be a man and to be conscious in this culture is to be in a constant state of rage.”

OK Dude, take a deep breath. Set aside your constant state of rage to try to understand a simple fact.

A CONSTANT STATE OF RAGE ISN’T GOING TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!

You just look like an angry person. You just alienate people. A constant state of rage keeps you angry at people who haven’t wronged you, and who could possibly help you. A constant state of rage blinds you.

A constant state of rage turns you and others into the thing you claim to despise: people who are self-centered, uncaring and bitter.

Would you want to have a family with someone who was in a constant state of rage? I sure wouldn’t. Most women don’t either (and the ones who do are nuts.)

**sigh**

09-01-2006 06:43 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
leeraconteur
Regular Contributor
leeraconteur

What if you do something like a million-father march, or something?

For the same reason the Million Man March didn’t get a huge turnout – men are at work.

09-01-2006 06:49 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.
Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Termi0n
Regular Contributor
Termi0n

Isis wrote:

rjmck wrote:
But you have to understand “To be a man and to be conscious in this culture is to be in a constant state of rage.”

OK Dude, take a deep breath. Set aside your constant state of rage to try to understand a simple fact.

A CONSTANT STATE OF RAGE ISN’T GOING TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!

You just look like an angry person. You just alienate people. A constant state of rage keeps you angry at people who haven’t wronged you, and who could possibly help you. A constant state of rage blinds you.

A constant state of rage turns you and others into the thing you claim to despise: people who are self-centered, uncaring and bitter.

Would you want to have a family with someone who was in a constant state of rage? I sure wouldn’t. Most women don’t either (and the ones who do are nuts.)

**sigh**

There they go trying to tell us how we should feel again. Shut up. We dont care what you think about our “rage.” Its not going anywhere until this bullsh-t stops.

Women want fried ice. -Arab Proverb

09-01-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
rjmck
Contributor
rjmck

Sorry Isis, you don’t get it. This comment is a parody of a feminist sentiment from 20 years ago– just change the word “man” into “woman” and you’ll get my point- men are where women were 20 years ago with regards to sexism

By the way, another interesting story:
Ten years ago a women named Jodrie here in Canada shot her husband 6 times in the back when he asked for a divorce. Luckily, he didn’t die. But this case presented the legal system with a  problem. here was a woman who had clearly abused ber husband to the point of attempted murder. But we don’t charge women here in Canda with domestic abuse. So they tried to claim that he was the abusive partner, and that she was defending herself (a very typical move, by the way). Trouble is, the kids testified that she had been the abusive one throughout the marraige. So blaming the man wasn’t going to work. In a panic, the case was postponed until the psychiatric community in Canada actually made up a brand new illness, whihc would apply only to women in Jodrie’s case, in which women who were faced with divorce entered into a kind of dissociative state, and were not responsible for their actions. She went to a psychiatric ward for 6 months, and was quietly released.
Does anyone truly believe a man would have received the same treatment? Anyone….?

09-01-2006 06:59 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
GenghisKhan
Regular Contributor
GenghisKhan
There they go trying to tell us how we should feel again. Shut up. We dont care what you think about our “rage.” Its not going anywhere until this bullsh-t stops.
____________________________________________________

Why does a woman’s advice always center around what they perceive as men doing something wrong? I have yet to hear a woman say that they are the cause of anything or even take blame for that matter. I have a theory about this but that’s another post and women won’t believe it anyway even though its logical and makes sense, so I won’t waste my time. Plus its friday, and I’m gonna go have some fun. Have a good weekend everyone (yes, men and women).

Message Edited by GenghisKhan on 09-01-2006 07:05 PM

09-01-2006 07:02 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

Isis wrote:

rjmck wrote:
But you have to understand “To be a man and to be conscious in this culture is to be in a constant state of rage.”

OK Dude, take a deep breath. Set aside your constant state of rage to try to understand a simple fact.

A CONSTANT STATE OF RAGE ISN’T GOING TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!

You just look like an angry person. You just alienate people. A constant state of rage keeps you angry at people who haven’t wronged you, and who could possibly help you. A constant state of rage blinds you.

A constant state of rage turns you and others into the thing you claim to despise: people who are self-centered, uncaring and bitter.

Would you want to have a family with someone who was in a constant state of rage? I sure wouldn’t. Most women don’t either (and the ones who do are nuts.)

**sigh**

So basically you’re saying women are bitter, self-centered, uncaring people who are blinded by their rage towards men.

I totally agree.

The only difference is men are honest about their feelings about being mistreated. Whereas women feel the need to lie about it in order to protect their fragile self-esteem.

If I was a slave master, I would demonize slave behavior too by telling those uppity darkies, “Now why are you so enraged over nothing? So uncivilized.”

09-01-2006 07:15 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
jlseagull
Contributor
jlseagull
” Part of me wonders if this isn’t the last and final refuge of the Tailban…”

Shaming language. Ad hominem. Typical unintelligent feminist tactics. Try again, honey, and use some logic next time.

Idiot.

09-01-2006 07:33 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

rjmck wrote:
Sorry Isis, you don’t get it. This comment is a parody of a feminist sentiment from 20 years ago– just change the word “man” into “woman” and you’ll get my point- men are where women were 20 years ago with regards to sexism

The fact that that dumb biitch didn’t even get the joke is indicative of the juvenile intellectual level of women. And these morons see fit to lecture us on how to behave properly?.. hahahah  good one!

Here we see another common feminist thread– letting logic rest on false premises. Women are too stupid to understand that the foundations of feminism are pure idiocy. So the logic they attempt to construct based off of these ridiculous fundamentals is equally inane.

This is why women are told to play with dolls and keep their mouth shut. This is why women weren’t allowed to vote. You don’t let children drive the car unless you don’t care about the destination. Pussified men have handed women the keys and gotten themselves into the perfect accident– welcome to Feminism 101.

09-01-2006 07:58 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
PANDORASBOX123
Regular Contributor
PANDORASBOX123

For the same reason the Million Man March didn’t get a huge turnout – men are at work.

Maybe they could call in sick….Take a personal day….

09-01-2006 08:03 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
HSC
Contributor
HSC

Do you even like women?  I am beginning to agree with some other folks on here.

09-01-2006 08:03 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
juliandroms
Regular Contributor
juliandroms

ebhook wrote:
I’ve been reading the messages with some distress.  Am I the only one whose noticed that some of the men posting here appear to be very, very angry at women in general and feminist in particular?

Duh!

Does Howdy Doody have a wooden ass?

Message Edited by juliandroms on 09-01-2006 08:40 PM

09-01-2006 08:39 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Isis
Contributor
Isis
all right, I now recall. I was only 4 in 1970, so I didn’t remember the state of rage thing.

but one of you called me a “dumb bitch” when I was trying to offer some constructive criticism.

You keep lumping all women into this evil group, when not all women fit into that evil group!

Was it wrong when women did it? Yes! That doesn’t make it right for you to!

This is ridiculous. I too have better things to do this weekend. Happy Holiday all.

09-01-2006 08:54 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
PatriarchVerlch
Regular Contributor
PatriarchVerlch

Remember it took American women just 52 years from the time they got the right to vote, until they started the 3,000 a day slaughter of their unborn children.

With the divorce rate at 50%, this is hardly progress. You should be able to notice that sweetheart.

Women have been proving for the last 30 years that men have been right for the last 30 centuries!
http://www.verlch.blogspot.com

09-01-2006 11:48 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

Indeed, the hardest working men in our society most women would classify as losers.

What do you mean, “most women”?  how do you know this?  Are you talking about elitist types who think blue-collar workers are somehow “less than”?  Because that’s a minority, not the majority.
What’s more, that minority is by no means all women. The attitude you describe is snobbery, and men are just as likely to indulge in it as women. And women are just as likely to be on the receiving end of it as men. Like most women, I’ve never worked on a factory line or in construction, but I’ve worked more than my fair share of service industry jobs (retail, food service). I got treated like a member of the servant class, same as the male employees, every day. And that treatment came in pretty equal ratios from both men and women.

09-02-2006 12:30 AM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
IshWishDish
Regular Contributor
IshWishDish

Shaming language. Ad hominem. Typical unintelligent feminist tactics. Try again, honey, and use some logic next time.

Idiot.

Come on. Can anyone else see the irony in this post?

09-02-2006 12:37 AM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
moneyneversleep
Regular Contributor
moneyneversleep

Much of what they use is propanda, rhetoric and outright lies with fabricated statistics.  I don’t care if you are feminist or not.  That is your problem.  Don’t make it mine.

09-02-2006 03:20 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
leeraconteur
Regular Contributor
leeraconteur

You keep lumping all women into this evil group, when not all women fit into that evil group!

Was it wrong when women did it? Yes! That doesn’t make it right for you to!

The fact is that the majority of women were silent, or went along because they thought the benefits were worthwhile. Then there were the hundred’s of thousands who actively supported it.

Until 1996 or so, most women were quite content to let Feminists continue as they had.  You got benefits, and it looked like a good deal to you.  Who cared if innocent men got railroaded – you got yours.
Except that now you are all going to reap the consequences of your support, inaction, or silent consent to the mess that Feminism has wrought.

If it was wrong, then we have a point and you should throw your support behind us.

09-03-2006 02:26 PM

Re: Am I the only one who has noticed this?
khankrumthebulg
Regular Contributor
khankrumthebulg
That sure is an amusing way to “reason” with Men accuse US Men who supported Women’s aspirations for equality to be the Taliban. This is the mentality of American Feminists. And US Women who embrace Ala Carte Feminism. That is the benefits of Feminism and any attempt at parity or equality as their loss. US Women refuse to meet Men half way. And the simple answer is to breed Feminism out of the US. Feminism is a Biological Dead End. We meaning Men simply can refuse to breed with you and we will eventually kill Feminism once and for all.

The idea that waging War on Boys and damaging their brains with Ritalin because they are not girls is a form of Eugenics. Calling Feminists FemNazis is an accurate assessment of your actions. You are in fact practicing a form of population control on Children and Men that would have made Hitler jealous of your success.

Men are evaluating honestly the benefits of Marriage and the Risks. Feelings have nothing to do with objective reality. What are the odds? That is the sum and substance of what Michael Noer’s synopsis of peer reviewed documents is all about. When he had the audacity to publish his review a firestorm errupted. Too bad US Women cannot connect the dots. Go ahead insult the Males here all you want.

Where the genders are reversed and all restraints are removed like Russia. There 70% of Divorces are initiated by Men. Who are irresponsible, latharios taking advantage of Women. Child support please its a complete joke. That is what has happened here. Women want everything. Feminists in the UK and Australia in their 60s like Fay Weldon admit. Feminism has gone to far if Women want to remain Feminine and not far enough if they want to be Men.

Ladies you have been lied to. Yet you refuse to face reality and pay lip service to what is happening to Men and now Boys. We are sick of our treatment. A slave revolt is occurring whine and complain it is falling on deaf ears. Your refusal to Become submissive to Men who in turn submit to your wishes guarantees you an opportunity to embrace the “Cougar Lifestyle” and a life without having children. Enjoy.

09-03-2006 02:27 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: