Why career women are more likely to divorce


Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Why career women are more likely to divorce

Why career women are more likely to divorce
htown
Newbie
htown

Mike suggesting career women being credited for a higher likelihood of divorce is right.  Because women that have careers no longer have to stay in bad marriages because they are not stay-at-home and unable to begin a sudden change of independence-FINANCIALLY!  Thank god!

Mike, your article sucked and shows your narow-mindedness.  Career minded women can offer such a dynamic and engaing relationship. Can you speak from experience?  If you are with a career woman, then you need to be real and you should be ashamed!  If not, well, to each his own I question, how’s that working for you?

Think before you write.

09-14-2006 10:16 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
Happy_Bullet
Regular Contributor
Happy_Bullet
*sigh* Okay I’ll perform the marking with fembot stamp on this one.

Mike suggesting career women being credited for a higher likelihood of divorce is right.

It was backed up by statistics, but thanks for confirming.

Because women that have careers no longer have to stay in bad marriages because they are not stay-at-home and unable to begin a sudden change of independence-FINANCIALLY! Thank god!

According to the top 2. reasons for divorce:

“I got bored”

and

“We grew apart”

That is what you count as a bad marriage with divorce initiated by a career woman.

It should be noted that men do not have this option as they will get hit with alimony and child support, so whether a guy gets bored or whatever is irrelevant to whether a marriage splits up.

Mike, your article sucked and shows your narow-mindedness.

Yep, evidence proves marriage to career women ends in divorce more often. Divorce is *extremely* bad for men. So good advice would tell us to avoid it. I guess if I said “getting stabbed with a knife in the gut increases your chance of death”, I’d be narrow-minded as well seeing as on occassion the stabee doesn’t actually die. *sigh*

Naturally this would suck for you if you wanted to stab me in the gut with a knife as I suppose the article sucks as you want to sucker some poor **bleep** into marriage and meeting your demands until he dies.

Career minded women can offer such a dynamic and engaing relationship.

“Do this, do that”. Plenty of demands to challenge you!!

If not please tell us what exactly it is that career women have to offer that other women do not, that would offset the liabilities. Please try to be as specific as possible as this question has been asked over and over on here and not been answered after four weeks or however long it’s been.

Can you speak from experience?

I see your point. Maybe I should stab myself right now just to find out if my chances of death increase.

If you are with a career woman, then you need to be real and you should be ashamed!

“You are not real!” Add ‘a’ before ‘real’ and ‘man’ after and you have the most common shame tactic used on this forum so far. Interesting slight variation though, well not interesting, but interesting by comparison to the same thing over and over anyway.

If not, well, to each his own I question, how’s that working for you?

Not marrying a career woman is going really well for me actually. I don’t have to listen to incessant demands, I don’t have to worry about divorce and the following possible jail time. I get to chase hot 21 yr old waitresses for sex, play playstation my entire 3 day weekend if I feel like it. Do whatever I want really. So yeah, pretty well thanks for asking.

Think before you write.

Hmmnmnmn.

How about “read other posts on the board before you write and find out what you’ve said has already been rebutted in detail a million times already” ??

Next fembot off the production line please!

Men have standards. Women will be compared. DEAL WITH IT.

09-14-2006 11:07 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38
“Next fembot off the production line please!”

LMAO! I think the machine can crank out fembots faster than you can set them straight… but I give you credit for shooting them down as fast as you can.

09-14-2006 11:11 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
PatriarchVerlch
Regular Contributor
PatriarchVerlch

To bad when women leave they want 65% of marital assets, and the poor bastards pension. Very equal there GI Jane. To boot these women want, and get the children 90% of the time.

I think the kids should go the parent that can afford them, not the 75% of single mothers which are below the poverty line. To me, that is poor judgment, a father should always gain custody, the divorce rate would fall, and fathers could provide a stable environment, with a new wife in the home.

Women have been proving for the last 30 years that men have been right for the last 30 centuries!
http://www.verlch.blogspot.com

09-15-2006 12:14 AM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
MartianBachelor
Regular Contributor
MartianBachelor
“…after four weeks or however long it’s been.”

For the record, this whole thing started on my birthday 3+ weeks ago.

It’s been like the best birthday gift ever! (or at least extremely memorable) I keep thinking the batteries are going to run out, but it just keeps going and going and…

I’ll nominate that reply from Happy for the forum hall of fame.

Since fembot #1373 won’t be back – they must have a curfew or recall at the factory or something – we can say anything we want about her and she’ll never know!
Ok, I’ll start… she was probably jilted recently by a career man who didn’t want to be some dumb broad’s ignored (after the ceremony) trophy husband. They talk about women’s intuition, but the secret is we have it too. And I can even say so because they’re programmed not to believe anything we say. The truth bounces right off `em like they’re made of neutronium. They’re certainly as dense as a neutron star… Shiit, they don’t even hear what we say. So the guy bails, and she decides to try and get inside the mind of men by reading Noer’s article, since women just view us as a piece of mind to be used for their own pleasure whenever it suits them. So now she’s got her cranky detector set on maximum sensitivity – how’s that working for ya? – and will have even less success with career men in the future. But we’ll never really now for sure, will we? But who gives a flying f*ck anyway?

______________________________________________
“The loudest, most strident voices calling women weak, stupid, and incapable of competing in the world at large are the feminists.” – zed the zen priest

09-15-2006 02:52 AM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
With todays powerdivorcewomen picking an non career women over a career women means you reduce the risk of divorce from almost certain to very likely. After all they gotta have their divorceparty.

09-15-2006 07:44 AM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811

Happy_Bullet wrote:
According to the top 2. reasons for divorce:

“I got bored”

and

“We grew apart”

In all seriousness, can you link me to wherever that came from? I’ve been trying to find divorce stats that include the reason for divorce for weeks now.

09-15-2006 12:01 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38

phatkat811 wrote:

Happy_Bullet wrote:
According to the top 2. reasons for divorce:

“I got bored”

and

“We grew apart”

In all seriousness, can you link me to wherever that came from? I’ve been trying to find divorce stats that include the reason for divorce for weeks now.

In no-fault divorce states, the #1 reason given by women for divorcing is when they check the box on the divorce petition that says “irreconcilable differences”.

“Irreconcilable differences” can mean:

1) She got bored.
2) He grew apart from her.
3) He doesn’t follow her instructions well enough.
4) She found another guy that makes more money.

and so on…

I don’t know for sure what the other boxes are of the divorce petitions, but I think they are like “adultery” or “physical abuse” or other specific things like that. Thus, irreconcilable differences catches the rest of the reasons like I stated above.

Here’s a site explaining the boxes women in utah can check:

http://www.utahlegalclinic.com/divlaw.html

Yet, with all those boxes that women in utah can check, “irreconcilable differences” is still the #1 reason for divorce in utah. Expect the same in most every state as well.

09-15-2006 01:14 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
Can I please SEE these statistics for myself? Pretty please?

09-15-2006 01:27 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius
Can you not even use the internet to do the SIMPLIEST kind of research ? But how can I blame you after all it were men with their evil P*nises to invent it. Here let me give you a hand.
http://www.divorcemag.com/statistics/statsUS.shtml
It does not show up right away. To see the statistic for no fault divorce you have to scroll down all the way. To scroll down move the pointy arrow to the very right of your window, Click the bar, hold the mouse button down and drag the bar all the way down. There should appear the % of no fault divorces.
What kind of tactic is that annyway ? I see women use this tactic all the time. GIVE ME THE SOURCE BARK ! BARK ! BARK ! Are you hoping he is too lazy to look it up again or too much in a hurry to do it ?
Next time if you have not a statistic at your hand that says otherwise provide it or put up, but no more barking.

09-15-2006 02:20 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Reader Response to “Don’t Marry Career Women” – Why career women are more likely to divorce

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
I just wanted to see it for myself, that’s all. When you’ve got men around here who make up statistics, you have to make sure. Besides, it’s considered decent internet etiquette to post a source if you’re quoting figures.

I googled “reasons divorce US” and “causes divorce US”. “Statistics divorce US” didn’t give me that particular info. Sorry if I didn’t have more time than that and figured that the most efficient route to take was to ask the poster where he got his info.

I can think of a number of reasons for that 80% that DON’T blame the woman for every single divorce out there, but you probably don’t want to hear it so I won’t waste my time.

BTW, your last sentence does’t make a lick of sense and I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to tell me.

09-15-2006 03:33 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
porkchops38
Regular Contributor
porkchops38
Here, I’ll try to help you out cupcake.

From the link I previously provided, for the state of utah, this would be the typical boxes that 70% of women today filing all divorces would check one:

1.IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES of the parties.
2.IMPOTENCY at the time of marriage.
3.ADULTERY committed subsequent to marriage.
4.Wilful DESERTION of the other spouse for more than one year.
5.Wilful NEGLECT TO PROVIDE the common necessities of life.
6.Habitual DRUNKENNESS.
7.Conviction of a FELONY.
8.Cruel treatment to the extent of causing bodily injury or great mental distress — MENTAL or PHYSICAL CRUELTY.
9.The spouses have lived separate and apart under a decree of separate maintenance for a period of three consecutive years — THREE YEARS UNDER SEPARATE MAINTENANCE DECREE.
10.Permanent and incurable INSANITY (must be established by competent
medical testimony).

Now, let’s break these reasons down with a little dose of reality:

1.IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES of the parties.
1. Self-explanatory “catch-all”, that’s why it’s at the top, because most women automatically know that the 9 reasons below don’t fit their particular situation.
2.IMPOTENCY at the time of marriage.
2.A guy wouldn’t be getting married if he’s impotent, so this box is like a waste of good ink and paper space, and besides there’s viagra,cialis,chinese herbs,etc., so this is an outdated box.
3.ADULTERY committed subsequent to marriage.
3.Most married guys can’t afford the misandrist divorce laws, so committing adultery for most married men would be like committing financial suicide nowadays. This box probably gets checked by women in utah less times that a typical utah married man has sex in a years’ time.
4.Wilful DESERTION of the other spouse for more than one year.
4.Nowhere for a married man to run or hide, this box gets checked less than box #3 most likely.
5.Wilful NEGLECT TO PROVIDE the common necessities of life.
5.This depends upon the definition of “necessities”, some women want a lot of things but that don’t mean they “need” them. Women aren’t going to check a box as vague as this.
6.Habitual DRUNKENNESS.
6.Depends upon how ugly the wife is. Ugly wives might check this box more often.
7.Conviction of a FELONY.
7.So many women like bad boys, so if anything, committing a felony only increases a man’s likliness that she’ll stick around as long as the felon doesn’t go on the straight and narrow and get a good paying job which would force her to cash-out for the alimony.
8.Cruel treatment to the extent of causing bodily injury or great mental distress — MENTAL or PHYSICAL CRUELTY.
8. My guess this would be the 2nd most popular choice for women, as the domestic violence laws today define abuse as raising your voice, so the threshold is low enough that this would be easy for women to check.
9.The spouses have lived separate and apart under a decree of separate maintenance for a period of three consecutive years — THREE YEARS UNDER SEPARATE MAINTENANCE DECREE.
9. Aint happening.
10.Permanent and incurable INSANITY (must be established by competent medical testimony).
10. This would only apply to the wife, but she’s not going to self-incriminate herself.

So, that’s how I break it down.

Keep in mind, that website still states that, “The most common ground for divorce in Utah is irreconcilable differences.” And you can easily see why “irreconcilable differences” is most likely not only the #1 reason, but moreso it’s probably the runaway favorite, with box #8 probably checked a distant 2nd place. All the other boxes are probably checked as often as pigs fly.

09-15-2006 04:03 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
Cassius
Regular Contributor
Cassius

phatkat811 wrote:
I just wanted to see it for myself, that’s all. When you’ve got men around here who make up statistics, you have to make sure. Besides, it’s considered decent internet etiquette to post a source if you’re quoting figures.

I googled “reasons divorce US” and “causes divorce US”. “Statistics divorce US” didn’t give me that particular info. Sorry if I didn’t have more time than that and figured that the most efficient route to take was to ask the poster where he got his info.

I can think of a number of reasons for that 80% that DON’T blame the woman for every single divorce out there, but you probably don’t want to hear it so I won’t waste my time.

BTW, your last sentence does’t make a lick of sense and I can’t even figure out what you’re trying to tell me.

Took me about 5 seconds i guess your computer must have been designed by an evil male too. Where did men put up false statistic in an internet discussion ? I do not think they did because we know it could backfire on us provided the participants can use google. Thats more something feminasties do (“1 out of 5 women in the US get raped, no wait it has risen to 1 out of 3 help iam gettin raped too. E-rape BARK !” On the last sentence if sombody provides a statistic have at least the decency to believe them UNLESS and only unless you find a statistic that contradicts the one provided.

09-15-2006 04:32 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
For fake statistics, please see Patriarch and his “95% of men do this and this and this and this” post.

09-15-2006 04:46 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

phatkat811 wrote:
For fake statistics, please see Patriarch and his “95% of men do this and this and this and this” post.

For female idiocy above and beyond the call of duty, see phatkat811’s BARK BARK BARK incohereny posts.

09-15-2006 05:18 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
Happy_Bullet
Regular Contributor
Happy_Bullet

hehe looks like phatkat got her knickers in a twist over my remarks about her invisible poodleboy.

Somehow I seem to be getting a lot of attention from this ignore treatment I’m supposedly receiving.

p.s. phatkat: that post you’re all in a knot about was offensive from the beginning. I said ‘anecdotage’ for a reason.

Look up dotage in a dictionary. Actually seeing as you can’t use the internet – here’s a link for you! :

dotage

The tellafriend response is completely appropriate for you, to be honest, I mean if you REALLY ARE a ‘dumb biitch’, then there’s not a lot of point treating you any differently is there?

Sorry if I didn’t have more time than that and figured that the most efficient route to take was to ask the poster where he got his info.

I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.C.E. – Funny thing is, that REALLY IS the most efficient route seeing as you’re personally incompetent (ie. a dumb biitch).

I think it’s time to change your identity because I would have got the link for most other people.

I even see the vacant stupidity in the eyes of the leopard you’ve chosen as your icon.

Message Edited by Happy_Bullet on 09-17-2006 03:44 AM

Men have standards. Women will be compared. DEAL WITH IT.

09-17-2006 03:43 AM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
phatkat811
Regular Contributor
phatkat811
Noooo, it’s just that personal attacks on people you don’t know about things you don’t know do not make an effective debate.

I’m here to have an intelligent conversation/debate and see if there isn’t a solution to some of the issues between men and women. I see that I can’t find that here, since when people run out of things to say to me, they decide that:

1. I’m fat
2. I’m dumb (I’m mensa eligible and an honor student, btw)
3. I’m hopelessly single
4. I have lots of cats
5. I’m ugly

Insulting my icon….that’s the best you can do??

No wonder militant feminists (which I am not, btw) exist when there’s men in this world who insist on treating women this way. And no wonder some women (although not me) insist that women are smarter and more competent than men when they behave this way.

And while we’re on the subject of competence, why in God’s name couldn’t you have even posted that response in the correct thread? My response to your spewing of insults isn’t even in this topic.

Message Edited by phatkat811 on 09-17-2006 01:50 PM

09-17-2006 01:48 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
juliandroms
Regular Contributor
juliandroms

htown wrote:
Mike suggesting career women being credited for a higher likelihood of divorce is right. Because women that have careers no longer have to stay in bad marriages because they are not stay-at-home and unable to begin a sudden change of independence-FINANCIALLY! Thank god!

So what you are saying hon is that Michael Noer is entirely correct — that generally speaking, it’s not in a man’s best interest to marry a career woman.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Message Edited by juliandroms on 09-17-2006 01:58 PM

09-17-2006 01:55 PM

Re: Why career women are more likely to divorce
tellafriend
Regular Contributor
tellafriend

phatkat811 wrote:
Noooo, it’s just that personal attacks on people you don’t know about things you don’t know do not make an effective debate.

I’m here to have an intelligent conversation/debate and see if there isn’t a solution to some of the issues between men and women. I see that I can’t find that here, since when people run out of things to say to me, they decide that:

1. I’m fat
2. I’m dumb (I’m mensa eligible and an honor student, btw)
3. I’m hopelessly single
4. I have lots of cats
5. I’m ugly

Insulting my icon….that’s the best you can do??

No wonder militant feminists (which I am not, btw) exist when there’s men in this world who insist on treating women this way. And no wonder some women (although not me) insist that women are smarter and more competent than men when they behave this way.

And while we’re on the subject of competence, why in God’s name couldn’t you have even posted that response in the correct thread? My response to your spewing of insults isn’t even in this topic.

Message Edited by phatkat811 on 09-17-2006 01:50 PM

Hey dumb biitch, we both know you’re fat/fugly. That’s a given, hot chicks don’t care for feminism as they already have men catering to take care of their needs.

And we both know you’re an idiot because we can see how limited your mental capacity is  from your incoherent posts.. So reasoning with you is like pulling teeth. But of course you’re too stupid to realize this. That’s why female education is pretty much a joke and you’re the punchline.

But you go right ahead and enjoy your professional victim tantrum because that’s really all that dumb biitches like you are good at.

09-17-2006 04:20 PM

==============================================================================
Click on the board or message subject at the top to return.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: